By Invitation Only

MeLlamoMud

I'm going to disappoint you.
Yet....We never did either, until we did, and it definitely blind-sided is all.
I just don't see that in him. I'm big on making my own judgements of others based on my personal interactions. If he chooses to be ugly to me because I chose to chat then that will be his choice to do so. As far as I'm concerned I have nothing to do with any of y'alls thread wars.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
I just don't see that in him. I'm big on making my own judgements of others based on my personal interactions. If he chooses to be ugly to me because I chose to chat then that will be his choice to do so. As far as I'm concerned I have nothing to do with any of y'alls thread wars.

They’re so cute at this stage

MeLlamoMud

We need people that can fix things. Somehow the trades have gotten a bad rap?
We also need them to be able to read if they capable. I was told my son would never be able to read. He is now in advanced biology, loves psychology. He didn't start to read until the end of third grade or so. Lots of one on ine teaching had to happen for that though. So he just had a late start.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
We don't kids enough credit for how early the actually learn things like coping skills.

If you're waiting til teenage years to let your kid deal with a little disappointment. It's way too late.
That’s why I backed off when my youngest was around two and I’d start to do something for her and she’d say, No! I do it! Kind of hurt my feelings but she was very independent.

oldngray

nowhere special
My great uncle was one of those in a time in which it was never heard of. Never diagnosed because they didn't have a name for it. They just called him stupid and left it at that.

For my family, a lot of our stuff seems to run in our genes even. He had high functioning Aspergers like my middle child. Super intelligent, can dance circles around you when it comes to certain topics but had a hard time connecting with people. My son had to be taught how to make facial expressions as well as taught how to read others faces. He still struggles but it doesn't slow him down.

I knew a girl who got excellent grades in school but had problems dealing with social situations. She supposedly had a mild form of Aspergers that she would use as an excuse when things didn't go her way. I don't know if she would fit under the revised guidelines but doubt it. She definitely had issues but I think she was misdiagnosed.

At the other end of the scale I know a kid who burned down his parents house. He started a fire and panicked and hid in a closet. Luckily nobody was hurt but the house was a total loss.

MeLlamoMud

They’re so cute at this stage
Lol this is how I am in most interactions. Today, I sat and talked to a lady from Iraq. She wanted to practice her English. Most people round these parts wouldn't have given her the time of day the way she was dressed. It's in my nature to be a social butterfly.

MeLlamoMud

I knew a girl who got excellent grades in school but had problems dealing with social situations. She supposedly had a mild form of Aspergers that she would use as an excuse when things didn't go her way. I know know if she would fit under the revised guidelines but doubt it. She definitely had issues but I think she was misdiagnosed.

At the other end of the scale I know a kid who burned down his parents house. He started a fire and panicked and hid in a closet. Luckily nobody was hurt but the house was a total loss.
It's a huge scale that's for sure...

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Community Colleges in my state are required to take everyone. These kids are taking remedial classes.

Years back, these were the shop kids.

oldngray

nowhere special
It seems like vo-tech is looked down on. These school systems are even trying to push slow learners towards college when really, they would be better off learning a trade.

Those are where they are most likely to find jobs. Not some useless liberal arts degree you end up with (along with thousands in student loans).

MeLlamoMud

It seems like vo-tech is looked down on. These school systems are even trying to push slow learners towards college when really, they would be better off learning a trade.
My personal stance has always been that not everyone is made for college. People look at me like I have 3 heads when I say it out loud lol