By Invitation Only

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
@Operational needs your daughter should have done this instead of trying to pay for her own tuition.

Gay teen kicked out of home will pay $0 to attend Georgetown
Omg about got into it with a friends husband this weekend.

He was saying your tuition per credit hour should be based off how much your career makes. Because his brother is having trouble paying back his loans on a teachers salary.

Me: did your brother choose to be a teacher

Him: yeah

Me: was your brother forced to go 4 years to this expensive school?

Him: no

Me: ok I think I've proved my point.

Him: what point?

Me: facepalm.

oldngray

nowhere special
Omg about got into it with a friends husband this weekend.

He was saying your tuition per credit hour should be based off how much your career makes. Because his brother is having trouble paying back his loans on a teachers salary.

Me: did your brother choose to be a teacher

Him: yeah

Me: was your brother forced to go 4 years to this expensive school?

Him: no

Me: ok I think I've proved my point.

Him: what point?

Me: facepalm.

I'm sick of liberal arts majors with worthless degrees and a ton of student debt expecting someone else to pay what they owe. Nobody forced them to take those loans and you would think a college graduate would realize they have to pay that money back.

They probably spent more time marching in useless protests than learning anything about real life.

Brownslave688

I was wondering about that.
I was like uhhh can he not take loans out like normal kids? Or emancipate himself?

I do think it's kind of bs to assume every kid gets tuition help. Wife never saw a penny from her parents for college tuition but had to fill out the fasfa every year as if they were contributing all they could.

oldngray

nowhere special
I was like uhhh can he not take loans out like normal kids? Or emancipate himself?

I do think it's kind of bs to assume every kid gets tuition help. Wife never saw a penny from her parents for college tuition but had to fill out the fasfa every year as if they were contributing all they could.

I had a partial scholarship but the minimum amount because my parents made too much money. Didn't matter that I was paying my own way. Working nights and going to school during the day sucked but anyone can do it.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus

My daughter will be paying for her loans. I’m too close to retirement to be any help.

Brownslave688

I had a partial scholarship but the minimum amount because my parents made too much money. Didn't matter that I was paying my own way. Working nights and going to school during the day sucked but anyone can do it.
You really can't anymore. At least as far as paying for it. College is just too expensive. Part time job barely enough to live off of let alone pay for school.

Depends on your major too. If you want to go Law or med school you're gonna need a lot of charity and donated hours to stick out on an application.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
You really can't anymore. At least as far as paying for it. College is just too expensive. Part time job barely enough to live off of let alone pay for school.

Depends on your major too. If you want to go Law or med school you're gonna need a lot of charity and donated hours to stick out on an application.
And not so many want to go to med school anymore. The government has created so many rules and such, it’s more a PITA to be a doctor.