By Invitation Only

oldngray

nowhere special
Maybe he ment Optimasauros... isn’t that what Fred Flintstone used at the rock quarry?
giphy.gif

542thruNthru

So you are saying someone would hire an old worn out fart like me over some strapping teenager? That just prove my point about the younger gen being lazy and are not even motivated enough to seek out a job. Why in hell would you hire someone like me over a teenager? (other than I would show up for work all the time).

It's called work experience you dinosaur. A 60 year old man has been working at least 40 years longer then a 16 yo kid who has absolutely no experience. Also he has absolutely no responsibilities like school getting in the way year round.

unnamed.jpg

D.jpg

You want fries with that?

rod

Retired 23 years
It's called work experience you dinosaur. A 60 year old man has been working at least 40 years longer then a 16 yo kid who has absolutely no experience. Also he has absolutely no responsibilities like school getting in the way year round.

View attachment 242957
View attachment 242958

Every fast food place in America has a Help Wanted--flexible hours sign up. Any kid with any incentive at all could have a job that works around his school and after school hours. The reason the old people have the jobs is because they actually apply for them.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
That's just an excuse for being lazy and wanting to stay on the couch playing video games. I'm sure it not like it is around here everywhere (being we are a tourist trap town) but I bet any kid over 12 years old could find a spring / summer job working at the resorts. The resorts finally had to give up trying to find local help and now they hire bus loads of college kids from other countries.
You have to be 16 to work most places and many won’t hire anyone under 18.

Brownslave688

View attachment 242957
View attachment 242958

I know they’re just trying to make some money but makes me want to pull my hair out sometimes.

542thruNthru

Every fast food place in America has a Help Wanted--flexible hours sign up. Any kid with any incentive at all could have a job that works around his school and after school hours. The reason the old people have the jobs is because they actually apply for them.

And you know this from your small town experience?

Sorry but I disagree. Yes lots have help wanted signs but not flexible hours. Most of the positions they need in my area always says night shift.

It's not like when you were a kid. They have tons of rules now.
Like how early and how late they can work. Also number of hours a day and breaks. Laws like the Protection of Young Persons Act of 1996. You can't just go out and become a paper boy.

Hours of work for young people

Brownslave688

Sorry but I disagree. Yes lots have help wanted signs but not flexible hours. Most of the positions they need in my area always says night shift.

Like how early and how late they can work. Also number of hours a day and breaks. Laws like the Protection of Young Persons Act of 1996. You can't just go out and become a paper boy.

They may SAY flexible hours. What they mean is you need to be flexible in the hours you can work lol

Brownslave688

Had a guy here whose 17 year old brother was working for his construction crew. He fell off a ladder and died. The brother had to file for bankruptcy because of all of the fines (have to be 18 to work construction)

rod

Retired 23 years

I saw an ad yesterday in the local newspaper begging for route carriers. $500.00 sign up bonus if you stay through the summer. Must be 12 years old. And by the way I don't just draw on small town experiences. We travel all around the US with our camper every year. (Haven't been to the east coast lately but that's about it.)