By Invitation Only

542thruNthru

I swear these old people are so out of touch.

They act like it's the 1950s. Like a kid can hop on a bike and deliver papers at 5am while chewing their Bazooka Joe gum.

SGSSu0I.gif

542thruNthru

I saw an ad yesterday in the local newspaper begging for route carriers. $500.00 sign up bonus if you stay through the summer. Must be 12 years old. And by the way I don't just draw on small town experiences. We travel all around the US with our camper every year. (Haven't been to the east coast lately but that's about it.)

Ok I don't know what a route carrier is.

rod

Retired 23 years
Oh so a paper boy. Yeah... only a small town would waste their money and time on a kid on bike.

I rest my case.
So if you live in a big city how would your newspaper get delivered to you-- I assume by a paper boy just like in a small town. (Yes I know newspapers are a dying thing). Are you saying the newspaper company would mail them to you? You aren't making any sense.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
And you know this from your small town experience?

Sorry but I disagree. Yes lots have help wanted signs but not flexible hours. Most of the positions they need in my area always says night shift.

It's not like when you were a kid. They have tons of rules now.
Like how early and how late they can work. Also number of hours a day and breaks. Laws like the Protection of Young Persons Act of 1996. You can't just go out and become a paper boy.

Hours of work for young people
Look at the damn nanny state unions have caused. Loss of child labor has ruined this country

542thruNthru

So if you live in a big city how would your newspaper get delivered to you-- I assume by a paper boy just like in a small town. (Yes I know newspapers are a dying thing). Are you saying the newspaper company would mail them to you? You aren't making any sense.

Seriously you can't think of another way?

It's call adults in cars. Every single newspaper is delivered by someone in a car. Most and I know this from experience, in their 30s.