By Invitation Only

542thruNthru

I had a car in high school. Bought and paid for by me. Insurance also. Dad wouldn't let me on the family policy--had to have my own. Costly as hell. It cost me $33 (BIG money back in 1964-65) for 3 months of basic liability insurance--just the bare minimum required by law at that time.

It was a lot easier for a highschool kid to get a job back then.

Now all the jobs are taken by senior citizens that didn't think about the future.

A 16 yo kid can't get a job because shuffling grandpa can work everyday year round and they don't have to work about school nights. Just multiple bathroom breaks.

rod

Retired 23 years
Now I am but he was born in it.

Until I was 10 years old our tv was 13 inches with rabbit ears on a TV tray in the living room. OUR ONLY TV
I was the first one in our family to own a color tv. Had a B & W 19 inch for the first 3 or 4 years we were married. We got 3 or 4 channels on it depending on what time of day it was. Got the color tv in about 1974--19 inch.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

Now all the jobs are taken by senior citizens that didn't think about the future.

A 16 yo kid can't get a job because shuffling grandpa can work everyday year round and they don't have to work about school nights. Just multiple bathroom breaks.
Damn boomers

rod

Retired 23 years

A 16 year old kid can't get a job because shuffling grandpa can work everyday year round and they don't have to work about school nights. Just multiple bathroom breaks.

That's just an excuse for being lazy and wanting to stay on the couch playing video games. I'm sure it not like it is around here everywhere (being we are a tourist trap town) but I bet any kid over 12 years old could find a spring / summer job working at the resorts. The resorts finally had to give up trying to find local help and now they hire bus loads of college kids from other countries.

542thruNthru

That's just an excuse for being lazy and wanting to stay on the couch playing video games. I'm sure it not like it is around here everywhere (being we are a tourist trap town) but I bet any kid over 12 years old could find a spring / summer job working at the resorts. The resorts finally had to give up trying to find local help and now they hire bus loads of college kids from other countries.

I'm sure it's not the same everywhere but most cities older people have taken the jobs teenagers usually get so they can supplement their social security.

rod

Retired 23 years
I'm sure it's not the same everywhere but most cities older people have taken the jobs teenagers usually get so they can supplement their social security.
So you are saying someone would hire an old worn out fart like me over some strapping teenager? That just prove my point about the younger gen being lazy and are not even motivated enough to seek out a job. Why in hell would you hire someone like me over a teenager? (other than I would show up for work all the time).