By Invitation Only

oldngray

nowhere special
Well chute
picdump_3079_19.jpg

I would wait and take the next flight.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
But I don’t think those are the problems that this article is touching on. But yeah it’s hard to comprehend the effect our actions can have on children.
I get what the article is saying....and it’s true. Boys’ self esteem and motivation are at an all time low because of no father or an uninvolved father. In the past, a dad would drag his son along with him when he did “men things” whether it was replacing a door knob, working on cars or mowing the lawn. They taught them how to talk to people, look them in the eyes, how a woman should be treated, etc.

Now because they’re not around and because society is constantly beating down males, boys have a low self esteem. They don’t know how they fit in in this “new world” and as a result don’t try.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I get what the article is saying....and it’s true. Boys’ self esteem and motivation are at an all time low because of no father or an uninvolved father. In the past, a dad would drag his son along with him when he did “men things” whether it was replacing a door knob, working on cars or mowing the lawn. They taught them how to talk to people, look them in the eyes, how a woman should be treated, etc.

Now because they’re not around and because society is constantly beating down males, boys have a low self esteem. They don’t know how they fit in in this “new world” and as a result don’t try.
And I would love to see the numbers on this rural vs city.

Also I think moms are certainly just as important as dads. I just think households missing dads are much more prevalent so the effects are more widespread.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Do any of you guys have Hulu? I watched a 4-episode series yesterday called Safe Harbor. It was really good. It was about a group of Australians who were on vacation on a yacht when they come across a boat full of refugees whose motor had died and what happened after. It was pretty intense.