By Invitation Only

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
It’s just crazy what concert prices are. I refuse to be more than 100 feet or so away. If I can’t see them sing I’ll just sit at home and listen to the music. Any big name will set you back a grand for a weekend to go see them. Sorry lots more I can do for $1000
If a concert is indoors I want to sit close. Outdoors, I prefer the lawn.

oldngray

nowhere special
Our building is paranoid, if spills happen, due to runoff, and fines.
My building had a leak from gas tanks under the pumps. Clean up took about 6 months. You are supposed to recover every drop of the spill which is impossible. Had an open pit for months until they were finally allowed to fill it in.

Who knows how much that cost to do.

upschuck

Such as? I’m serious here how do you stop lightning from striking your rickhouse
That would be hard, but a few things they could have done, lightning rods, and some sort of way to contain a spill, if that were to occur.

At my building, ups spends/spent lots of money on their spill management system.

oldngray

nowhere special
What I hated was the General Admission/Festival Seating. Where everything was up for grabs. A lot of that went away after the disaster at the Who concert in Cincinnati where several people got crushed to death.

I wasn't there but was there for a different concert a couple of weeks before it happened.

upschuck

Because they’re 500 feet away and it’s usually a pretty trashy crowd.
th

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
View attachment 255261 View attachment 255262

This is an excellent example of society having unrealistic expectations of how people should look based on what they see in the media. Kind of like how men think women should look like Playboy models. The internet has blown up because Jason Momoa had a picture taken in “dad bod” shape. I’m sure there are millions of dads who would love to look like he does in the top picture.

If that’s a dad bod, then I’m a fat :censored2:!

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
View attachment 255261 View attachment 255262

This is an excellent example of society having unrealistic expectations of how people should look based on what they see in the media. Kind of like how men think women should look like Playboy models. The internet has blown up because Jason Momoa had a picture taken in “dad bod” shape. I’m sure there are millions of dads who would love to look like he does in the top picture.
He is on the juice, 100%.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
I can’t stand lawn seats. :)
I can't stand assigned seating ... I feel hemmed in and it's hard to listen to the music.
There is always (and I mean always) a couple of dip:censored2:s that talk during the music ... if it's lawn, I can move away from them.
The other alternative is to get on the rail and then you watch and listen and it's too darn loud to talk.