By Invitation Only

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
You know there is a “cone of uncertainty” with hurricanes because they’re uncertain which direction a hurricane will move. Fortunately, as of now, the storm isn’t projected to hit land, but the outer bands will.
Less and less people are heeding warnings because of media hype.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
CF82CB8A-1D9A-43FA-84F9-209F14595F87.jpeg

This is so sad. These are satellite pictures of the Grand Bahama island before and after the hurricane went through. You can see in the bottom picture the former outline in yellow.

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
I just got an email from UPS. I'm getting a package tomorrow via surepost. The email says these deliveries normally take 1 day longer for the post office to deliver it. Then it mentions that I could have upgraded the delivery and have the person in a brown shirt deliver it a day earlier. Let me get this straight. They are extending people's delivery times so they can save the company money, but they are offering an upgrade ($) to get it back to the way it is supposed to be in the first place?

Last edited:

oldngray

nowhere special
I just got an email from UPS. I'm getting a package tomorrow via surepost. The email says these deliveries normally take 1 day longer for the post office to deliver it. Then it mentions that I could upgraded the delivery and have the person in a brown shirt deliver it a day earlier. Let me get this straight. They are extending people's delivery times so they can save the company money, but they are offering an upgrade ($) to get it back to the way it is supposed to be in the first place?
Surepost was always slower. It takes an extra day for UPS to deliver to the post office and have them deliver to you the next day.

Only change seems to be them offering you a chance to pay to upgrade the service level.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
I just got an email from UPS. I'm getting a package tomorrow via surepost. The email says these deliveries normally take 1 day longer for the post office to deliver it. Then it mentions that I could upgraded the delivery and have the person in a brown shirt deliver it a day earlier. Let me get this straight. They are extending people's delivery times so they can save the company money, but they are offering an upgrade ($) to get it back to the way it is supposed to be in the first place?
Happens a lot now. Part of my choice program. Free upgrade I believe.