By Invitation Only

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
@scratch is that your wife’s new guide dog in your avatar?
Yes, his name is Finnigan and I will finally get to meet him next Saturday when I pick them up at the airport. He weighs 72 pounds and is the biggest dog in the class. He was bred and trained at Southeastern Guide Dogs in Palmetta, Florida and they have one more week of training to complete. He is a handsome boy.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Yes, his name is Finnigan and I will finally get to meet him next Saturday when I pick them up at the airport. He weighs 72 pounds and is the biggest dog in the class. He was bred and trained at Southeastern Guide Dogs in Palmetta, Florida and they have one more week of training to complete. He is a handsome boy.
Beautiful dog.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
Beautiful dog.
Yes he is!
I love Goldies and Labs!
Finn is a good looking Lab!

1674.jpg

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Yes he is!
I love Goldies and Labs!
Finn is a good looking Lab!

1674.jpg

Terri met his puppy raisers yesterday and one of Finnigan’s many nicknames is “Block Head”. She was given so many gifts she will have to ship them home. Her favorite was a photo album the puppy raisers made. He likes wearing bandannas and bow ties, accessories make the look. Her first working dog was a Black Lab that wore flowers on her collar.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I'm surprised breeders haven't tried shrinking the breed into a miniature?
I have never seen any miniature Labs. You have to have a good sized dog for a working dog. My wife's first Lab weighed 54 pounds and it was too small. Her new one weighs 72 and is a perfect size. The owner and dog are matched by personalities and how well they walk together, the harness has to feel right.