By Invitation Only

rod

Retired 23 years
Mine is a Makita. Not really heavy duty but has done everything I wanted it to do. I don't think there's not much difference between any of the good brands.
Unless you are doing commercial work it's pointless to spend big bucks on high priced tools. I watched a video last night of a guy doing a comparison test between a $400 Snap-on torque wrench and a $100 Harbor Freight torque wrench. The Harbor Freight scored way better than the Snap-on. It looked like a honest test to me.

oldngray

nowhere special
Unless you are doing commercial work it's pointless to spend big bucks on high priced tools. I watched a video last night of a guy doing a comparison test between a $400 Snap-on torque wrench and a $100 Harbor Freight torque wrench. The Harbor Freight scored way better than the Snap-on. It looked like a honest test to me.
Harbor Freight might be OK but makes some real crap too. Cheaper if you don't mind taking a chance.

rod

Retired 23 years
Harbor Freight might be OK but makes some real crap too. Cheaper if you don't mind taking a chance.
I've bought my share of junk at Harbor Freight too :-). One thing I use the hell out of is their 12 foot telescoping electric limb saw. ($69.00 but if you are patient they go on sale once in awhile for $59). That thing hasn't failed me yet and I've used it countless times.

rod

Retired 23 years
I've never had to buy one but I've heard Harbor Freight's small gas motors (Preditor Series) are a great buy and very reliable. I have a group of friends who kids build cheap go-carts and race them on the ice. One of the only restrictions is that you must use a 5 hp Preditor motor (you can beef it up as much as you want).

oldngray

nowhere special
gifdump_3229_23.gif

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Me personally? Something like the tote on top, a drill and driver case, and another bag for stuff I don't use as often or replacement supplies. But journeymen will have a roller stacked with chests like the one you see or one of those large steel jobsite boxes. Or both.
I just got the 20” tote to keep at home. My brother in law got the whole set up you see there. He actually keeps all of his gun stuff in it for range days.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I've never had to buy one but I've heard Harbor Freight's small gas motors (Preditor Series) are a great buy and very reliable. I have a group of friends who kids build cheap go-carts and race them on the ice. One of the only restrictions is that you must use a 5 hp Preditor motor (you can beef it up as much as you want).
Plan on building one with Ava in a few years