BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
Don't worry. I'm still here also.
200.gif

oldngray

nowhere special

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
I just saw an accident where someone in some kind of sedan plowed into the back of a what looks like a stopped pickup truck. I wonder how fast one has to be going to hit a truck so hard that the front end of the car was destroyed up to the firewall and the bed of the truck was at a 45° angle?

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
I just saw an accident where someone in some kind of sedan plowed into the back of a what looks like a stopped pickup truck. I wonder how fast one has to be going to hit a truck so hard that the front end of the car was destroyed up to the firewall and the bed of the truck was at a 45° angle?
There are idiots out there behind the wheel. Last Friday I was driving down a road at 37mph, coming back from Sonic with a cold drink, my 100 lb. furry sidekick in the passenger seat. Came upon a green light. The road to my right was a one way road coming into the intersection. I run a dashcam in my pickup. Dude flat ran a red light. I don't know how to post a video on here but I took two screen grabs. Blue car was running probably 20mph. My GPS shows 36MPH for me. He entered the intersection. I swerved and hit the brakes exit stage left. Second pic shows me still at 36. I missed him by inches. Notice my light is green. If I had t-boned him, I probably would have totaled both vehicles, and sent us both to the hospital as well. My dog bounced off the dash and ended up in my lap. As much as I hate to admit it, sometimes the driving techniques I learned at UPS actually do work.
IMG_3147.jpg
IMG_3146.jpg

BSWALKS

Fugitive From Reality
There are idiots out there behind the wheel. Last Friday I was driving down a road at 37mph, coming back from Sonic with a cold drink, my 100 lb. furry sidekick in the passenger seat. Came upon a green light. The road to my right was a one way road coming into the intersection. I run a dashcam in my pickup. Dude flat ran a red light. I don't know how to post a video on here but I took two screen grabs. Blue car was running probably 20mph. My GPS shows 36MPH for me. He entered the intersection. I swerved and hit the brakes exit stage left. Second pic shows me still at 36. I missed him by inches. Notice my light is green. If I had t-boned him, I probably would have totaled both vehicles, and sent us both to the hospital as well. My dog bounced off the dash and ended up in my lap. As much as I hate to admit it, sometimes the driving techniques I learned at UPS actually do work.View attachment 340155View attachment 340156
Great save.

Ups training has saved my ass on my motorcycle more than once.

rod

Retired 23 years
There are idiots out there behind the wheel. Last Friday I was driving down a road at 37mph, coming back from Sonic with a cold drink, my 100 lb. furry sidekick in the passenger seat. Came upon a green light. The road to my right was a one way road coming into the intersection. I run a dashcam in my pickup. Dude flat ran a red light. I don't know how to post a video on here but I took two screen grabs. Blue car was running probably 20mph. My GPS shows 36MPH for me. He entered the intersection. I swerved and hit the brakes exit stage left. Second pic shows me still at 36. I missed him by inches. Notice my light is green. If I had t-boned him, I probably would have totaled both vehicles, and sent us both to the hospital as well. My dog bounced off the dash and ended up in my lap. As much as I hate to admit it, sometimes the driving techniques I learned at UPS actually do work.View attachment 340155View attachment 340156
I hope you at least had the opportunity to give him the finger and a blast of your horn.

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
I hope you at least had the opportunity to give him the finger and a blast of your horn.
I did hit my horn for a second, but between the 100 lb. dog on my lap and the severe swerve I had to do, it was all I could do to keep both hands on the wheel. No time for a flying finger.