By Invitation Only

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
@Brownslave688 you near all this tornado business?
th

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
RAP Real-Time Weather for the pressure and soundings

Radar Coded Message Composite Image with Tops - Aviation Weather Center (AWC) for the radar

Tops are up to 62,000! That's insane. The dew point inversions from some of the balloons earlier are literally off the chart. Instability to the max.
Very nice. I'll be surprised if they have many tornadoes though. Usually those come from more individual super cells

I'm
Sure there's serious hail and straight line winds though.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
Very nice. I'll be surprised if they have many tornadoes though. Usually those come from more individual super cells

I'm
Sure there's serious hail and straight line winds though.
The power is always in the southern most part of the storm because of that wrap in the tail. They are getting it pretty good down there right now. But the winds are pretty crazy looking at some of the airport observations

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
I use that as my go to. But when I want to get into it a little bit or I'm going to fly those are two resources I use before calling up for a briefing.

Long ago, I swore by Accuweather (almost local) until they went to a subscription model. Then, I found Weather Underground which was at the time a Michigan University (?) project.

Stuck with them ever since.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
The power is always in the southern most part of the storm because of that wrap in the tail. They are getting it pretty good down there right now. But the winds are pretty crazy looking at some of the airport observations
Wind gusts of up to 50 mph here already and the storms aren't supposed to hit for 8 more hours or so.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
Long ago, I swore by Accuweather (almost local) until they went to a subscription model. Then, I found Weather Underground which was at the time a Michigan University (?) project.

Stuck with them ever since.
When I was in college, and had time, I would use the aviation weather resources. Read the raw charts, follow the winds, all that crap. Could usually forecast the day better than the weather sites. But now, I don't have the time or desire to do that. Only on nights like tonight where it is fun to kind of watch it