By Invitation Only

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
When I was in college, and had time, I would use the aviation weather resources. Read the raw charts, follow the winds, all that crap. Could usually forecast the day better than the weather sites. But now, I don't have the time or desire to do that. Only on nights like tonight where it is fun to kind of watch it

That's what the old Weather Underground was like.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I bet @Brownslave688 does. He's a weather guy
I understood what he was saying. Differences in air pressure (measured in mb - millibars) typically creates wind.
when the pressure differentials get closer, the wind increases. High school stuff.
And I even understood when he mentioned 'instability' in another post.
Instability increases as the changes in air temperature per unit of height increase.
This conditions cause air to lift and these conditions can create severe thunderstorms and large hail and the worst ... tornadoes.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
I understood what he was saying. Differences in air pressure (measured in mb - millibars) typically creates wind.
when the pressure differentials get closer, the wind increases. High school stuff.
Instability increases as the changes in air temperature per unit of height increase.
This conditions cause air to lift and these conditions can create severe thunderstorms and large hail and the worst ... tornadoes.

WTF you babbling about?

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
image.jpeg

Turdferguson

Just a turd
Go to sleep dude. Your meds are making you sound more foolish than usual.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
I'm not 100% sure of the size of the blade. It was the one that was on the saw when I got it. I called a guy today and asked if he could sharpen it for me. I'll get back to you when I pull the blade off. I'm guessing 10"

Mine, I think, is only 6 1/2. With a weird arbor hole.