California is a sorry excuse for a state

floridays

Yet dedicated pensions started to disappear shortly after the Reagan cuts. Shouldn’t there have been a bidding war for employees? Wouldn’t that have included enticements such as dedicated pensions?
Dedicated pension? Please define.

floridays

People like floridays cry about crickets when even a simplistic explanation takes more that a 2 sentence answer.
Not true, you didn't want to answer my question, I asked nothing of how tax policy dictated what an entity would do with their earnings or profits. The answer to the question is simple, you can't or refuse to answer it.

Please explain how "profit" is taken out of the economy.

That was my original question, nothing more nothing less.

In your logic, I become the ignorant one when you can't or won't answer a simple question.

One more try, How are profits taken out of the economy? If you can't answer this, I'll ask @59 Dano , he does not dodge a question, and is succinct.

Meat

Don't think he was asking the choir. dmac1 and meat made the claims, they need to support it with proof.

You said it, Myth boy. It’s important not to lose credibility with old dudes on message boards.

Do you think you would be less disaffected if you spent the time that you allocate to the BC trying to bolster your networth? It may be more productive.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
You said it, Myth boy. It’s important not to lose credibility with old dudes on message boards.

Do you think you would be less disaffected if you spent the time that you allocate to the BC trying to bolster your networth? It may be more productive.
But it's such a boost to my self-esteem to engage you here.:happy:

Meat

But it's such a boost to my self-esteem to engage you here.:happy:

That I don’t doubt. From what I have observed, old dudes love their Google machines (I’m actually composing a song of that title, which I’ll release on Youtube soon - you’ll love it, especially the chorus), and love to prattle on to their families on how much “knowledge” they have gained. Predictably, this gets old fast (LOTS of eye rolling) as nobody really wants to hear the ramblings of old dudes. What are they to do? How will they be able to express their innate yearning to show superiority? Well, unfortunately, that’s where forums such as the BC come in. That’s where blokes like you, who are probably being managed by someone half their age, get to pretend that they know something and have some semblance of control over their lives; so yeah, you probably do get some sort of esteem boost by “engaging” others on this site. I think your time could be better spent, though.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
That I don’t doubt. From what I have observed, old dudes love their Google machines (I’m actually composing a song of that title, which I’ll release on Youtube soon - you’ll love it, especially the chorus), and love to prattle on to their families on how much “knowledge” they have gained. Predictably, this gets old fast (LOTS of eye rolling) as nobody really wants to hear the ramblings of old dudes. What are they to do? How will they be able to express their innate yearning to show superiority? Well, unfortunately, that’s where forums such as the BC come in. That’s where blokes like you, who are probably being managed by someone half their age, get to pretend that they know something and have some semblance of control over their lives; so yeah, you probably do get some sort of esteem boost by “engaging” others on this site. I think your time could be better spent, though.
And YOU will find that the mental retardation condition that you suffer from CAN be treated. It's called Experience, but only if you survive your own ineptitude.

Meat

And YOU will find that the mental retardation condition that you suffer from CAN be treated. It's called Experience, but only if you survive your own ineptitude.

Experience is only useful if it yields a positive end result, which unfortunately, Mythems, is not the case for you - your posts on this site don’t exactly belie your mediocre (at best) state.

floridays

Interestingly enough there was a time when us old geezers had all the knowledge and answers as you currently do. You seem to think you are ascending as we are descending or already bottomed out. My question, when does Your ascent reverse course and Your descent begin? Will you be the freak of nature that continues gaining knowledge perhaps picking up some pearls of wisdom along the way?

Meat

Meat
Class is back in session, please explain what this "dedicated" pension thing is. Is it like new math?

There was another on this site that fully understood what my intention was; you’ll have to forgive me if matters of nomenclature arise on Friday nights.

I do find it strange, though. How is it the UPS guy knew what I was talking about right away, and not the really smart Fedex guy?

floridays

There was another on this site that fully understood what my intention was; you’ll have to forgive me if matters of nomenclature arise on Friday nights.

I do find it strange, though. How is it the UPS guy knew what I was talking about right away, and not the really smart Fedex guy?
I was pointing out through a question that you didn't know what you were talking about. It is not a nomenclature problem, it was a problem of you not knowing what a defined benefit plan is. And the "UPS guy" didn't know anymore than I did at the time. I am a current recipient of a defined benefit pension.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right

Don't bother.
Floridass is a troll bro. He asks stupid questions to try to lead the conversation and cries like a baby when he doesn't get answers he likes. Guy is a total narcissist.

Meat

I was pointing out through a question that you didn't know what you were talking about. It is not a nomenclature problem, it was a problem of you not knowing what a defined benefit plan is. And the "UPS guy" didn't know anymore than I did at the time. I am a current recipient of a defined benefit pension.

Actually, I’m quite adept at preparing for the future, but you’re free to interpret my post any way you like. Oddly enough, it means nothing to me.

floridays

Actually, I’m quite adept at preparing for the future, but you’re free to interpret my post any way you like. Oddly enough, it means nothing to me.
Congratulations, I didn't ask if you were adept at preparing for your future, just as I didn't ask if your mother dressed you today.
Can(will) you address when (pertaining to older guys) the descent in cerebral functions commence?