Came in 2 hours under scratch....

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Can some of the old timers help me out with this. I wasn't running and it's impossible to speed where I deliver. I'm not sure what i'm doing wrong.
We can help you. First of all, never look at numbers, Second, don't look at numbers. That is all anyone need to know.

Brownwind

Can some of the old timers help me out with this. I wasn't running and it's impossible to speed where I deliver. I'm not sure what i'm doing wrong.
Did you follow the methods? Protect the brown shield on the truck and treat the customer as king? Take your breaks and full lunch?
If yes to all questions please come grab my ground and air since I’ll be out a few more hours.
If you answered no then please come grab twenty stops.

Best thing to do is not worry about the numbers. Every now and then you get “envelope day’s”, remember if it’s 60 pounds with stairs or envelope when customer greeted you at the truck door you get the same time credit.

Karma...

for the record..in my day the center management had to verify the realism of time studies by doing the route with the driver in the jump seat and the ie person standing in the doorway.......ask not what you cant do yourself..........of course that was united parcel service which stood for something and not ups which doesn't.........I was nine years a teamster before I went into management...

HavenoEDD

As long as your business and customers are taken care of, these numbers don’t matter and when you’ve been here long enough you’ll understand.

Sooner you come in, the tougher it is for the next guy on that route. You might be speedy Gonzalez now but dispatch/management will eventually take notice and your route will have much more stops, pickups etc.
More importantly whilst you may feel good now and feel like your taking it easy..your body will start to disagree with you. The aches and pains follow and then the stress of not being able to maintain your God like numbers starts to play with your mind. Chances of accident goes up. See it all the time. They never last.

You should get a pay raise for your monumental achievement though….Talk to your sup about that. 😉

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
perhaps you finally got an accurate and honest time study ie person.....
giphy.gif

bumped

I live in the north, so I have to deal with snow. I never walk on the grass, so it's only paved surfaces for me. My stop count doesn't go down with 6 inches of snow. Adjusting for changing conditions never seems to adjust my stop count.

rod

Retired 23 years
There comes a time in everyones career when you finally wise up and realize that meeting UPS's expectations is a losing battle. If you do (by running and gunning) make their numbers they will just raise the numbers or give you more stops or BOTH. Work safely at a reasonable speed and get used to being yelled at. It will only last for 30 plus years. Pay your Union dues.

DOK

There comes a time in everyones career when you finally wise up and realize that meeting UPS's expectations is a losing battle. If you do (by running and gunning) make their numbers they will just raise the numbers or give you more stops or BOTH. Work safely at a reasonable speed and get used to being yelled at. It will only last for 30 plus years. Pay your Union dues.
I know what you’re talking about Rod. That’s how it was in our center 30 years ago, not so much now, maybe I work in good center, nobody’s ever really blown away with stops these days, here anyways. Maybe it has to do with the fear of the newbies quitting who knows, but I’ll take it as I wind down my career.