Chernobyl, Ohio

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.

HFolb23

I think this is a pretty sad attempt to do everything they can to blame anyone except themselves for this event and this is why it took nearly a week before mainstream news really started talking about this; they were buying time to find some reason why it can’t be corporations or the current administrations fault and the icing on the cake is that they found some way to connect it to Trump.

Everyone is trying so hard to make this political that they’re blaming brakes when there are several videos showing the train on fire before the derailment and that most likely a failed bearing on the wheelset was the cause of this.

But once again the truth doesn’t matter if it’s not convenient for those who hold the puppet strings and benefit most when us peasants are too distracted fighting amongst ourselves to look up and point blame at those who actually run this country.

Jiangshi

Heavily Moderated User, Loves Sailfish

Box Ox

So what constitutes a high hazardous material? Plutonium?

Sounds like you've just gotta shovel all of the bad :censored2: into a couple cars and maybe add on a couple empties if you need to hit a certain ratio.

“Even though some rail cars did have hazardous material on board, and while most of them did not, that’s why it was not categorized as a high hazardous material train,” said DeWine."

"DeWine noted that around 50 railroad cars were involved in the crash; ten of those were hauling hazardous materials."

Sounds like an Ohio problem.

"The governor called on Congress to investigate the matter and make changes to the law if necessary."

🤷‍♂️

Jiangshi

Heavily Moderated User, Loves Sailfish
"The governor called on Congress to investigate the matter and make changes to the law if necessary."
Congress pass a law that is to the detriment of Wall Street?

Who owns Norfolk Southern? Wall Street banks, in case you didn't know.

Good luck.

DeWine is bloviating.

Ohioans seem to like the government they have. They keep electing them.

FAFO

newolddude

I love when Republicans claim they hate government, want to destroy as much of it as they can and leave everything up to locals. Then when locals mess it up they blame the Democrats in charge.

Say one thing but do the exact opposite.

Thebrownblob

I love when Republicans claim they hate government, want to destroy as much of it as they can and leave everything up to locals. Then when locals mess it up they blame the Democrats in charge.

Say one thing but do the exact opposite.
Well, I’m not republican and I don’t like government, and I think you’ve demonstrated government is the one whose regulations probably helped cause this so you’re really not making your case at all here for more government.

newolddude

Well, I’m not republican and I don’t like government, and I think you’ve demonstrated government is the one whose regulations probably helped cause this so you’re really not making your case at all here for more government.
The Obama administration tried to add safety standards that would bring things up to the 20th century levels. Lobbyists in assistance with the Trump administration stripped those off because it would have reduced profits.

Thebrownblob

The Obama administration tried to add safety standards that would bring things up to the 20th century levels. Lobbyists in assistance with the Trump administration stripped those off because it would have reduced profits.
Well, there you go again. You just love your government. They always do such a great things. I mean, just like now they’re doing such a great job that even Erin Brockovich is calling out Joe Biden for doing nothing. 😂
Saint Joe, Biden was involved in pushing the contract for railroads against the new members demands. I wonder if he was worried about safety or money?