Christianity

Integrity

Binge Poster
Since we're talking about Jesus, try to imagine the uproar 2000 years ago if little Joshua came home with a scroll that described sex acts and asked his mother what did it mean about a girl sucking on her friend's penis? Then his father came home to find an extraordinarily upset wife who showed him the scroll. It even had a drawing of a naked girl on her knees performing the act. The father had heard there was a very wise young man who had gained quite a following and was teaching in the plaza that very evening. So he gathered up the scroll and walked to where the crowd gathered. As he listened to questions being asked he was struck by the intelligence and wisdom of the man who was only in his early 30's. Finally he gathered up the courage and approached the teacher and told him what had transpired with his son that day. The teacher and his close followers listened intensely and then the teacher said: "I can see where such a description might confuse a child and worry a parent. It's been said that if a young woman does such things she is worthy of death by stoning. But I'm here to tell you that many amongst us think depicting oral sex is a beautiful thing. That children being exposed to such depictions is a good thing to many. So we must let them have their freedom or we are harming them mentally. Yea, verily, I say unto thee, stop covering up with these long robes. Expose some skin. It's not the end of the world if you do. But if you don't want to I understand. It's all good. What matters is everyone gets to do what they want. You can be modest. She over there can let it all hang out. The days of stoning are over. And if you can't be with the one you love honey, love the one you're with." And the father hurried home to tell his wife all that he saw and heard. And little Joshua was told if he found any more of those scrolls with the, um, interesting pictures, be sure to bring them home so that he could, um, inspect them. And he needed to get back down to the square for more of this new freedom talk too!
You have quite the imagination my friend.

Integrity

Binge Poster
Reminds me of another Christian that used to come on this board. He was so not hateful that he said he’d go to a gay bar, call the men there faghetti and then shoot them if they tried to beat his ass. Oh and that would be within his rights to do as a gun owner.

Christians are so wonderful and informed.
I believe all humans have the capacity to hate, but I also do believe all humans however deep down have the capacity to love others within themselves as well.

Do you come here to the BC with the attitude of love or hate?

Integrity

Binge Poster
Or hateful atheists, secularist, etc, etc. hate knows no bounds. Christians don’t hate. You see when someone is supporting trans rights then he is supporting that persons eternal death and damnation. And that person is going to bring others to eternal death and damnation. So many people are going to be lost to this so- called “support” when what they really need is psychiatric help.
Where is the love of God, through Christ, in this statement?

I really want to understand your point of view here.

Non liberal

Are you really that shallow? If you love your child do you let them eat candy for every meal? Do you let them go underage drinking with their friends every Friday night? If you love someone you don’t let them destroy themselves. You are no better then satan himself if you do.

Thebrownblob

I believe all humans have the capacity to hate, but I also do believe all humans however deep down have the capacity to love others within themselves as well.

1679835629176.gif

Integrity

Binge Poster
No actually that’s pretty on par with the Old Testament which is part of your Bible.
You seem to be familiar with the Bible.

Not sure why but that would be for you to explain.

That being said don’t you see something inherently wrong with some of the actual Biblical texts some in the Old but some in the New as well? Just being honest here.

Just focusing on the Old. I personally am not fully reconciled in spirit about some of the behaviors and conduct of man that is ascribed to God in the Old Testament.

I am not convinced in mind and spirit that in man’s desperate attempt to understand themselves in relation to their origins, purpose, and conduct that they may have projected some of evil and atrocities inherent in their day and in themselves onto a good and loving God.

I wrestle with this at times.

Non liberal

This is not really how it works. You know that.

IMO this statement is of a related but different issue.

Where is this specifically mentioned including a definition and description of what specifically qualifies as a disgusting image?

Opinions and points of view vary about these kinds of things. Don’t you think it is important to respect others opinions and points of view even when you disagree with them?

So you now have a new requirement to qualify as a follower of Jesus?

That is your opinion, you are entitled to it.

It does sound a bit judgmental but it’s all good.

Peace

☮️
Matthew 18:6, and you are right, only god knows when to give you over to your own sin. I am in no position to call you a Christian or say other wise. I apologize. However the lord does teach us to hate sin of which we need to be judge mental in figuring out what sin is so..and I’m sorry but that is how it works in some schools. A school close by to me had something worse, a drag show after school for the high school and middle school. It is most certainly how it works.

Thebrownblob

Thanks.

Thankfully I believe God works through everything even challenging online discussions.
I can agree with that. These Christian and Bible threads always interest me. not necessarily because of other Christians, but because of how those who say they don’t believe any of it rail against it, and spend so much time studying and denying it. They validate it with every post.

Non liberal

That being said don’t you see something inherently wrong with some of the actual Biblical texts some in the Old but some in the New as well? Just being honest here.

Just focusing on the Old. I personally am not fully reconciled in spirit about some of the behaviors and conduct of man that is ascribed to God in the Old Testament.

I am not convinced in mind and spirit that in man’s desperate attempt to understand themselves in relation to their origins, purpose, and conduct that they may have projected some of evil and atrocities inherent in their day and in themselves onto a good and loving God.

Do you believe god is perfect or not?

Integrity

Binge Poster
Are you really that shallow? If you love your child do you let them eat candy for every meal? Do you let them go underage drinking with their friends every Friday night? If you love someone you don’t let them destroy themselves. You are no better than satan himself if you do.
You asked 3 questions as an answer to my one.

You said:

Or hateful atheists, secularist, etc, etc. hate knows no bounds. Christians don’t hate. You see when someone is supporting trans rights then he is supporting that persons eternal death and damnation. And that person is going to bring others to eternal death and damnation. So many people are going to be lost to this so- called “support” when what they really need is psychiatric help.
I said in response:

Please show me the love of God, through Christ specifically in your quote?

I want to understand.

I will respond to you 3 questions after that.

Non liberal

Well let’s see; there was the destruction of sod dam and Gomorrah, as well as the flood of Noah. Not once, but twice the lord showed you his thoughts on evil.

Thebrownblob

You asked 3 questions as an answer to my one.

You said:

I said in response:

Please show me the love of God, through Christ specifically in your quote?

I want to understand.

I will respond to you 3 questions after that.
I do not want to speak for him, but I believe he’s referring to this philosophy……

Hebrews 12:11

New International Version

11 No discipline seems pleasant at the time, but painful. Later on, however, it produces a harvest of righteousness and peace for those who have been trained by it.

qdg2

Tick....tick.....tick....tick.......