Christianity

vantexan

I actually believe God is ultimately the inspiration behind all literature and the arts. That includes religious literature and religious art and all religious traditions for that matter.

To know if you have a spirit or soul?

That is peculiar to me but ok.

Do you believe in your intelligence?

IMO your exclusive reliance on the Bible for your relationship with the living God seems impersonal and limiting to me. I will not place limits on the living God.
Of course not because then you couldn't be accepting of homosexuality, abortion, obscenity, transgenderism, ....

Revelation 3: 15, 16 I know they works, that thou art neither cold nor hot: I would thou wert cold or hot. So then because thou art lukewarm, I will spue thee out of my mouth.

El Correcto

god is dead
And if you have faith you comply with the requirements to enter the Church and once baptized you are in a saved state. Up to you to maintain it. It's remarkable that you accuse others of being like Pharisees when you cherry pick certain passages to support your argument but refuse to accept the Gospel in its totality. What you posted is all a very necessary part of being a Christian. But it's not all of it. But I believe you're more interested in disproving Christianity than upholding it.
You only quote one line from the Bible to back up your claim.
I have quoted from multiple books of the Bible.
Multiple passages. Acts 15, Romans 3 and 4, Ephesians 2, Titus 3, etc.

You are the one cherry picking to become a Pharisee teaching the old ways.

vantexan

You only quote one line from the Bible to back up your claim.
I have quoted from multiple books of the Bible.
Multiple passages. Acts 15, Romans 3 and 4, Ephesians 2, Titus 3, etc.

You are the one cherry picking to become a Pharisee teaching the old ways.
Nope, I've encouraged you constantly to read the New Testament in its entirety. Are you afraid you might find a better way?

El Correcto

god is dead
Nope, I've encouraged you constantly to read the New Testament in its entirety. Are you afraid you might find a better way?
Then point me in the right direction, back up your claims of works needed for salvation.
Back up your claim that only the baptized can be Christian or saved.

All I see is a deflection.

Darmark7

Retired 2020. Not my Problem Anymore!
How are they atheists if the ascribe to Karma? That's just another belief from another religion.

I use the word Karma not them. They just believe you get back what you put out in this life time. At least that is what my friends believe. I don’t know what most atheist believe.

El Correcto

god is dead
Start with Matthew 1. It's easy.
You don’t know the Bible very well if your only retort is “but but you haven’t read the whole thing”!

Just provide your verses that support your claim bud. It should be very simple rather than quoting one line of the Bible to counter multiple points of the Bible that prove you wrong and explicitly so.

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
Why are you so focused on questioning gifts from god instead of rejoicing someone loves Jesus and considers him a savior?
Answers to questions reveal truth.

And Peter said to them, “Repent and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins,"-Acts 2:38
Question: Is repentance and baptism for the forgiveness of sins? Yes or no?

"And now why do you wait? Rise and be baptized and wash away your sins",- Acts 22:16 (Paul believed and had been praying for 3 days before he was told to do this) Question: Did Paul have "sins to wash away" in the obedient act of baptism? Yes or no?

"He that believes and is baptized shall be saved" - Jesus in Mark 16:16. Does the conjunction "and" join faith and baptism to equal salvation? Yes or no?

Integrity

Binge Poster
Of course not because then you couldn't be accepting of homosexuality, abortion, obscenity, transgenderism, ....
The exact people who I believe Jesus would be sitting with, eating with, fellowshipping with, and generally surrounding Himself with if He were bodily present here today.
Revelation 3: 15, 16 I know they works, that thou art neither cold nor hot: I would thou wert cold or hot. So then because thou art lukewarm, I will spue thee out of my mouth.
IMO lukewarm represents the overly religious, established church of any time.

Those churches that place religious traditions, written and oral, religiosity, and intellectual pride over the radical teaching of mercy, compassion, gentleness, humility, and love, of the risen Christ Jesus.

I believe many have wandered from the fire of the first personal and life altering encounter with Jesus and his amazing love.

Have you?

Peace

☮️

El Correcto

god is dead
I use the word Karma not them. They just believe you get back what you put out in this life time. At least that is what my friends believe. I don’t know what most atheist believe.
Atheism is a skeptic ideology. It is on a scale of agnosticism that goes between theist to atheist.
Atheist just means a lack of belief in god/gods.
An honest skeptic isn’t moved by things that lack evidence.

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
Really?

He personally revealed Himself to me in my spirit by the ministry of the Holy Spirit.

In other words. God told me this .
So he didn't give you faith to believe he was alive, he just flat out told you he was.
Wowza....lol
@El Correcto
Hope this helps you see how answers given to questions reveal what truth is.

vantexan

You don’t know the Bible very well if your only retort is “but but you haven’t read the whole thing”!

Just provide your verses that support your claim bud. It should be very simple rather than quoting one line of the Bible to counter multiple points of the Bible that prove you wrong and explicitly so.
No, and I quoted more than one line. As I've already stated you've posted parts of the New Testament but not all of it. Do you want me to post the entire New Testament? Your only intent is to refute Christianity and are doing so by taking verses out of context. If you aren't sincere about learning the Gospel then no matter what I post won't matter. So read it if you choose to. Reject it if you choose to. Up to you.

El Correcto

god is dead
No, and I quoted more than one line. As I've already stated you've posted parts of the New Testament but not all of it. Do you want me to post the entire New Testament? Your only intent is to refute Christianity and are doing so by taking verses out of context. If you aren't sincere about learning the Gospel then no matter what I post won't matter. So read it if you choose to. Reject it if you choose to. Up to you.
I’m not taking anything out of context. You are the one trying to declare works are needed for salvation or to be a Christian in god’s judgement when that is clearly not the case.