climate catastrophe

vantexan

Really?

You need to stop listening to the extreme talking heads and autistic teens that scare you.

Solar has a place in America's power arsenal. Most roofs in Florida, Texas and Arizona should have panels on them. Then wind in the right places. Then get the liturds to back off on nuclear and build plenty of those. Then we leave coal for peak demand times (heat waves and cold snaps) plus exporting. The main goal should be to ensure America has enough power for business and living. Do it smartly and cleanly so that we're not dependent on any other countries.

Screw Saudi Arabia and their oil. We have plenty of power options here at home.
You need to investigate a bit further. Germany invested heavily in wind and solar but when their natural gas got cut off from Russia at the start of the Ukrainian war they had to scramble to reopen coal mines because their wind and solar was woefully insufficient. Why? They aren't a sunny country and they don't get much wind.

Absolutely solar in especially the U.S. Southwest is a good idea. There's a reason that windmill farms have been put up in the Midwest down to Texas. But in no way is our current wind and solar capacity sufficient to meet the needs of the entire country and that's without even discussing EV needs. You need to stop listening to the extreme fanatics who tell you it's no big deal, throw up a few more windmills and solar panels. The U.S. Northeast is the most crowded area of the country and they do not get sufficient sun and wind. Not even close. And yes I lived in Connecticut for a year.

oldngray

nowhere special
You need to investigate a bit further. Germany invested heavily in wind and solar but when their natural gas got cut off from Russia at the start of the Ukrainian war they had to scramble to reopen coal mines because their wind and solar was woefully insufficient. Why? They aren't a sunny country and they don't get much wind.

Absolutely solar in especially the U.S. Southwest is a good idea. There's a reason that windmill farms have been put up in the Midwest down to Texas. But in no way is our current wind and solar capacity sufficient to meet the needs of the entire country and that's without even discussing EV needs. You need to stop listening to the extreme fanatics who tell you it's no big deal, throw up a few more windmills and solar panels. The U.S. Northeast is the most crowded area of the country and they do not get sufficient sun and wind. Not even close. And yes I lived in Connecticut for a year.
Wind and solar are so reliable they need fossil fuel sources as backups.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.

They chopped wood in Germany last winter

rickyb

capitalism is good for hte environment

1689136366360.png

newolddude

Show me where I said it was sufficient. Why do you keep saying that I say that?

Wind + solar is not enough to cover all of our electrical needs. Wind + solar is not enough to cover all of our electrical needs. Wind + solar is not enough to cover all of our electrical needs. Wind + solar is not enough to cover all of our electrical needs. Wind + solar is not enough to cover all of our electrical needs. Wind + solar is not enough to cover all of our electrical needs. Wind + solar is not enough to cover all of our electrical needs. Wind + solar is not enough to cover all of our electrical needs. Wind + solar is not enough to cover all of our electrical needs. Wind + solar is not enough to cover all of our electrical needs. Wind + solar is not enough to cover all of our electrical needs. Wind + solar is not enough to cover all of our electrical needs. Wind + solar is not enough to cover all of our electrical needs. Wind + solar is not enough to cover all of our electrical needs. Wind + solar is not enough to cover all of our electrical needs. Wind + solar is not enough to cover all of our electrical needs. Wind + solar is not enough to cover all of our electrical needs. Wind + solar is not enough to cover all of our electrical needs. Wind + solar is not enough to cover all of our electrical needs. Wind + solar is not enough to cover all of our electrical needs. Wind + solar is not enough to cover all of our electrical needs. Wind + solar is not enough to cover all of our electrical needs. Wind + solar is not enough to cover all of our electrical needs. Wind + solar is not enough to cover all of our electrical needs. Wind + solar is not enough to cover all of our electrical needs. Wind + solar is not enough to cover all of our electrical needs. Wind + solar is not enough to cover all of our electrical needs. Wind + solar is not enough to cover all of our electrical needs. Wind + solar is not enough to cover all of our electrical needs. Wind + solar is not enough to cover all of our electrical needs. Wind + solar is not enough to cover all of our electrical needs. Wind + solar is not enough to cover all of our electrical needs. Wind + solar is not enough to cover all of our electrical needs.

vantexan

Really?

You need to stop listening to the extreme talking heads and autistic teens that scare you.

Solar has a place in America's power arsenal. Most roofs in Florida, Texas and Arizona should have panels on them. Then wind in the right places. Then get the liturds to back off on nuclear and build plenty of those. Then we leave coal for peak demand times (heat waves and cold snaps) plus exporting. The main goal should be to ensure America has enough power for business and living. Do it smartly and cleanly so that we're not dependent on any other countries.

Screw Saudi Arabia and their oil. We have plenty of power options here at home.
Where did you say they were sufficient? Looks to me like you were at least suggesting that.

The U.S. has enough oil, natural gas, and coal to be totally energy independent without the green tech. But the far Left wants it all to be green. And they want it now. That's the point of my argument, we are nowhere near having an electric grid capable of providing all of our needs through wind and solar but this administration wants our transportation to be totally electric within 10 years. Without fossil fuels, without more nuclear. Good luck!

vantexan

Show me where I said it was sufficient. Why do you keep saying that I say that?

Wind + solar is not enough to cover all of our electrical needs. Wind + solar is not enough to cover all of our electrical needs. Wind + solar is not enough to cover all of our electrical needs. Wind + solar is not enough to cover all of our electrical needs. Wind + solar is not enough to cover all of our electrical needs. Wind + solar is not enough to cover all of our electrical needs. Wind + solar is not enough to cover all of our electrical needs. Wind + solar is not enough to cover all of our electrical needs. Wind + solar is not enough to cover all of our electrical needs. Wind + solar is not enough to cover all of our electrical needs. Wind + solar is not enough to cover all of our electrical needs. Wind + solar is not enough to cover all of our electrical needs. Wind + solar is not enough to cover all of our electrical needs. Wind + solar is not enough to cover all of our electrical needs. Wind + solar is not enough to cover all of our electrical needs. Wind + solar is not enough to cover all of our electrical needs. Wind + solar is not enough to cover all of our electrical needs. Wind + solar is not enough to cover all of our electrical needs. Wind + solar is not enough to cover all of our electrical needs. Wind + solar is not enough to cover all of our electrical needs. Wind + solar is not enough to cover all of our electrical needs. Wind + solar is not enough to cover all of our electrical needs. Wind + solar is not enough to cover all of our electrical needs. Wind + solar is not enough to cover all of our electrical needs. Wind + solar is not enough to cover all of our electrical needs. Wind + solar is not enough to cover all of our electrical needs. Wind + solar is not enough to cover all of our electrical needs. Wind + solar is not enough to cover all of our electrical needs. Wind + solar is not enough to cover all of our electrical needs. Wind + solar is not enough to cover all of our electrical needs. Wind + solar is not enough to cover all of our electrical needs. Wind + solar is not enough to cover all of our electrical needs. Wind + solar is not enough to cover all of our electrical needs.
Show me where I repeatedly said that you said it was sufficient?