Comey Testimony

Catatonic

Nine Lives
from democracy now:

". But this powerful, secretive federal police force, this domestic spy agency, has a long, dark and often violent history of suppressing dissent in the United States.

2. Why did the FBI label nonviolent water protectors at Standing Rock, North Dakota, possible domestic terrorists? What about the FBI’s similar infiltration of Occupy Wall Street and Black Lives Matter?

he Guardian reported that “multiple officers within the FBI’s joint terrorism taskforce [JTTF] have attempted to contact at least three people tied to the Standing Rock ‘water protector’ movement.” ... private paramilitary firm TigerSwan was hired to infiltrate and disrupt the anti-pipeline movement, labeling the nonviolent activists as “insurgents.” Comey and the FBI need to answer for this violation of First Amendment activity,

4. Finally, where do you think we would be, as a country, if the FBI hadn’t targeted Martin Luther King Jr., with its unrelenting campaign of surveillance, intimidation and harassment, which very likely contributed to the climate of hate that led to his assassination?

Perhaps the darkest chapter in FBI history was its campaign to deter and damage the work of Martin Luther King Jr. Hoover called King “the most notorious liar in the country,” and actually tried to convince King to commit suicide.

...how many of those targeted who are still incarcerated, such as American Indian Movement activist Leonard Peltier, and the many imprisoned former Black Panthers, were imprisoned based on FBI misconduct? The FBI conducted a sophisticated, campaign against dissent in the U.S., under the corrupt leadership of J. Edgar Hoover. Peace activists, labor organizers and radical groups like the Black Panthers, the Young Lords and the American Indian Movement were targeted for arrest, imprisonment on false pretenses, infiltration and disruption by paid informants, and, in cases like Black Panther leader Fred Hampton in Chicago, assassination.
Ricky,
Do you feel like you are the only person in this thread who is serious and cares about the truth?

Catatonic

Nine Lives
check out the philosophy about truth vs pleasure.

but i dont see why we cant do both.
I spent my first couple of college years engrossed in Philosophy and then I got into my field of study and heavy Math at which time I didn't have time for Philosophy.
Current Events is somewhat like Philosophy ... just understand no one else is playing your game.

oldngray

nowhere special
I spent my first couple of college years engrossed in Philosophy and then I got into my field of study and heavy Math at which time I didn't have time for Philosophy.
Current Events is somewhat like Philosophy ... just understand no one else is playing your game.

I had a couple of Philosophy classes to fulfill part of my Humanities requirement. One of them (logic) could also double as a Math requirement. Mostly for liberal arts majors who didn't take enough real Math classes.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I had a couple of Philosophy classes to fulfill part of my Humanities requirement. One of them (logic) could also double as a Math requirement. Mostly for liberal arts majors who didn't take enough real Math classes.
At that time, my favorite Philosopher was Bertrand Russell, who was studied in my first Philosophy course.
At Ga Tech, they work math into every course and Bertrand was a mathematical genius and math is helpful/necessary in following his logic.
Unfortunately, Philosophy at Tech wasn't good for Math courses ... if they had been, I would have taken 28 Math courses.

Turdferguson

Just a turd
"Comey better hope that there are no 'tapes' of our conversations before he starts leaking to the press!” Trump tweeted.
Comey called Trump's bluff, so who is the :censored2: now?
The Secret Service has come out and said there are no official recordings of meetings between Trump and ex Director Comey.
Could Trump be stupid, or arrogant enough to have his own?
If he does he is even more incompetent than I thought

Turdferguson

Just a turd

At that time, my favorite Philosopher was Bertrand Russell, who was studied in my first Philosophy course.
At Ga Tech, they work math into every course and Bertrand was a mathematical genius and math is helpful/necessary in following his logic.
Unfortunately, Philosophy at Tech wasn't good for Math courses ... if they had been, I would have taken 28 Math courses.
I am trying to sling mud here. Keep your philosophical discussions in their proper place

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
"Comey better hope that there are no 'tapes' of our conversations before he starts leaking to the press!” Trump tweeted.
Comey called Trump's bluff, so who is the :censored2: now?
The Secret Service has come out and said there are no official recordings of meetings between Trump and ex Director Comey.
Could Trump be stupid, or arrogant enough to have his own?
If he does he is even more incompetent than I thought

That was tried once before, and didn't work out very well.

Turdferguson

Just a turd
That ain't what you fling!
How as a southerner can you defend a man(and I use that tern loosely ) who eats fried chicken with a knife and fork?
160802090304-donald-trump-eats-kfc-with-knife-and-fork-exlarge-169.jpg

Ridiculous, simply ridiculous