Contract Negotiations

• Thread starter thisjobaintforeverybody
  • Start date

Johney

I compare my job to the local chemical plant in my city. Same pay rate. Only for a family plan of insurance they pay $500 a month. $3200 deductible. No pension. I don’t get greedy.
And how much profit is that chemical plant making?

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Union jobs should set the standard, so the industry can bring itself closer to their level. Not look at what the rest of the industry is doing, and lower the standard accordingly.
I compare my job to other local union labor. It's slightly above average.
Exactly...and if you look at other industries that are union vs, non union they pay rate and benefits pkg isn’t that much more with Union shops.... ie the grocery industry...being union is more than just pay and benefits...there’s other “language “ associated with it..

UPS2012

I win no matter what
Well it kinda matters when you're comparing benefit's don't you think?

What I’m really saying is I don’t think the public would be happy with us if we strike. They already think we are over payed dumb truck drivers. We would lose way to much business and be out of jobs. Give a little take a little. No need to be spoiled brats about everything.

babboo25

Banned
Hey troll !!!
You attacked Wally on the first page because he didn’t agree with you. Now you think the “clique” is against you when you had your brass knuckles on before anybody else posted.

Keep playing the victim !!!
Shouldn’t you be watching your favorite show?

Johney

What I’m really saying is I don’t think the public would be happy with us if we strike. They already think we are over payed dumb truck drivers. We would lose way to much business and be out of jobs. Give a little take a little. No need to be spoiled brats about everything.
Of course they wouldn't be happy,no one would. Where did you get your info that the public thinks we're overpaid dumb truck drivers? I never heard that from any of my customers in all my years here.Where would all the business go? FedEx? USPS? They both had a chance to do that in 97 yet passed,you think they're better prepared to take our volume? You think either could handle it?