Contract Negotiations

• Thread starter thisjobaintforeverybody
  • Start date

UPS2012

I win no matter what
Of course they wouldn't be happy,no one would. Where did you get your info that the public thinks we're overpaid dumb truck drivers? I never heard that from any of my customers in all my years here.Where would all the business go? FedEx? USPS? They both had a chance to do that in 97 yet passed,you think they're better prepared to take our volume? You think either could handle it?

You think they wouldn’t try?

Johney

Pineapple King
You think they wouldn’t try?
Honestly? Sure some, they could never handle it all. Besides doesn't FedEx go to accounts every contract year and tell customers if you don't sign a contract with us now before UPS strikes we won't pick up your packages? How many actually bite on that?

UPS2012

I win no matter what
Honestly? Sure some, they could never handle it all. Besides doesn't FedEx go to accounts every contract year and tell customers if you don't sign a contract with us now before UPS strikes we won't pick up your packages? How many actually bite on that?

Lol that’s a good line if they use that

rod

Retired 23 years
What I’m really saying is I don’t think the public would be happy with us if we strike. They already think we are over payed dumb truck drivers. We would lose way to much business and be out of jobs. Give a little take a little. No need to be spoiled brats about everything.

Screw the public. They aren't the ones out there in the dark delivering or sweating their balls off unloading trailers for peanuts. The public already don't give a crap about you.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Of course they wouldn't be happy,no one would. Where did you get your info that the public thinks we're overpaid dumb truck drivers? I never heard that from any of my customers in all my years here.Where would all the business go? FedEx? USPS? They both had a chance to do that in 97 yet passed,you think they're better prepared to take our volume? You think either could handle it?
Volume is actually where we are in a position of power.

Everybody is maxed out already.

UPS2012

I win no matter what
Screw the public. They aren't the ones out there in the dark delivering or sweating their balls off unloading trailers for peanuts. The public already don't give a crap about you.

Not disagreeing with you on that. Customers are getting ridiculous.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
Telling a feeder driver they are disgruntled...lmao...disgruntled because you only received your hour paid nap instead of an hour and a half....dude has no clue...
Exactly!!!
Lol, I enjoyed Christmas for the first time in 20 years.

Peak was so easy for me yet I felt bad for my driver buddies getting shafted by the company. This contract isn’t about the money, it’s the gray areas in the contract that have been abused.

Coldworld

We only had a few work past 60, most i worked was 64
Look, I don’t think anyone here, or on Facebook, wants to have a strike against UPS....but there are certain things each side wants and ups is going to make things very difficult even though the company is doing EXTREMELY WELL right now.. now with that being said, nobody wants ups to go under or loose profits or customers but there is a large enough slice of pie for them to reward all of us( including their low level sups and managers)with at least 1.00 raises per year and other things that members want....including non-monetary language....

UPS2012

I win no matter what
I could care less about pay raises. All I care about is that management is held accountable for not following the contract over and over again.

Coldworld

He is disgruntled, makes $115k and whines about everything
Closer to 120k but who’s counting....I’ve known cops, firefighters, welders, electricians, lineman, plumbers, gas and electric company employees, all make what we make, and many with better benefits.....