Contract proposals for 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

10 Pt

I always like, when someone can quote and apply contract language.

It's not an insurmountable task.

"So.... How many send-agains, are acceptable when the driver

can't DR everything strictly by your methods ??" :biggrin:

Let's see an OCS demonstrate Driver Release methods 100%.

(for more than 5 minutes)

It doesn't happen.

-Bug-

...and run "scratch" (without coding themselves '02' in their board) while taking several pkgs at multiple stops to the rear door to be out of sight of the public... and
without getting bit by the dog lurking under the rear porch.

LeadBelly

Banned
...and run "scratch" (without coding themselves '02' in their board) while taking several pkgs at multiple stops to the rear door to be out of sight of the public... and
without getting bit by the dog lurking under the rear porch.
I met a nice Pitbull yesterday. Gave me a big kiss!!!

Happy Father's Day brother!

clean hairy

In the RTW States, those who do not join the Union have no representation, and receive non of the benefits in the contract, only the benefits that UPS feels like giving them.
Would UPS be giving the non-union employees the same benefits we in the union get? (I doubt it)
And, any who get fired, or disciplined, have to deal with it on their own, no help from the union since they have no use for the Teamsters.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
In the RTW States, those who do not join the Union have no representation, and receive non of the benefits in the contract, only the benefits that UPS feels like giving them.
Would UPS be giving the non-union employees the same benefits we in the union get? (I doubt it)
And, any who get fired, or disciplined, have to deal with it on their own, no help from the union since they have no use for the Teamsters.
Dude, I'm not trying to stalk you in disagreeing again, but that's just not how it works.
You're not even close.

Actually, I agree with the semantics and wish you were right, but....

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

Did you just make this up?

clean hairy

Dude, I'm not trying to stalk you in disagreeing again, but that's just not how it works.
You're not even close.

Actually, I agree with the semantics and wish you were right, but....
Throw enough at the wall, and something should stick.
I was thinking along the lines of a Country Club, guests can golf for a higher price, but they do not get any of the benefits the members get.
Bad comparison?

Noreaga

Let's see, what the "hive" at the BrownCafe has to say.

Be realistic.

Don't be stupid.

It's an honest question, and I would like honest answers.

I'll start:

1) Maintain H&W.... and improvements.

2) Maintain our pension.... and improvements

(including a cost of living increase for retirees)

3) Eliminate 17-I from the Central Region supplement

It's your turn.

Go.

-Bug-
How about transferring I really don't know what the problem is and why they will not allow it.. I asked my bldg manager about that he told me it's not UPS it's the union please explain to me why this is an issue then I asked my union rep and still don't get a straight answer . .

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Uh........no.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

How about transferring I really don't know what the problem is and why they will not allow it.. I asked my bldg manager about that he told me it's not UPS it's the union please explain to me why this is an issue then I asked my union rep and still don't get a straight answer . .

FT transfers are nearly impossible due to the fact that we do not have a single national pension.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Throw enough at the wall, and something should stick.
I was thinking along the lines of a Country Club, guests can golf for a higher price, but they do not get any of the benefits the members get.
Bad comparison?
Yes, bad comparison.

By law, the Union is still duty bound to give all employees under a collective bargaining agreement fair and equal representation, as well as equal pay and benefits.

Right To Work allows these scabs to play at the country club for free and enjoy all it's benefits.....and it sucks, plain and simple.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt

Blaming the Union, is a cop out by your building manager.

FT transfers are nearly impossible due to the fact that we do not have a single national pension.

Yep.

There is no sort of reciprocity between plans.

Although, there could be transfers within the region like the

Western Conference. Aside from Locals with their own plan.

-Bug-

PT Car Washer

Yes, bad comparison.

By law, the Union is still duty bound to give all employees under a collective bargaining agreement fair and equal representation, as well as equal pay and benefits.

Right To Work allows these scabs to play at the country club for free and enjoy all it's benefits.....and it sucks, plain and simple.
And you can partially blame all the Union members who vote republican. Now the republicans want a national right to work law.

Blaming the Union, is a cop out by your building manager.

Yep.

There is no sort of reciprocity between plans.

Although, there could be transfers within the region like the

Western Conference. Aside from Locals with their own plan.

-Bug-
So, then yes, the teamsters are to blame. At least that is the position of many officials in the western conference. Especially in the early 2000's when transfer language was ratified. Do you not get out much?

10 Pt

This is your contract proposal.
I got it.
It appears as though there would also be a possibility that there'd be two tiers of wages if all of these things ran parallel in your proposal.

Status
Not open for further replies.