Contract proposals for 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

clean hairy

Best thing to do is to put it on the table as an item to be negotiated, and see what happens.
After all, that is what the negotiations are for.

Coldworld

Marty Peters kid
So....if the driver decided to put the package in a DR bag and deliver it like a newspaper, launching it onto the front lawn and it comes up lost or damaged, the Company should have no recourse aside from paying a claim?

I'm not sure anyone could negotiate that language.
I've seen a ba get a driver out of paying for a high value that came up missing.... it can be done...

Griffin1820

File! File! File!
I'm thinking the part time members need to be heavily communicated with by the local and the stewards to mobilize them to vote.
They could sink the contract if they didn't get substantial starting wage increases. They control their own destiny.
There is the ultimate Vote No movement that is effective.
It would be a massive undertaking to make that happen. How many part timers are under a year in. By the time they get a feel for what the union even is they are either suck of it and quit or get fired. I've tried to find time to interact with every new hire I possibly can and I get email addresses so I can send them a contract but thatsthat's really not even enough.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Best thing to do is to put it on the table as an item to be negotiated, and see what happens.
After all, that is what the negotiations are for.
The Company will always fight for the right to hold us accountable.....

.....why wouldn't they???

We already have a system in place to deal with this issue?

Did it somehow fail you?

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
I've seen a ba get a driver out of paying for a high value that came up missing.... it can be done...
I have done the same, a couple of times as a steward....

I am only balking at the premise that "all DR's, by any driver" be exempt from liability to the driver.

Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't object, I just don't see it as a priority or as a realistic goal.

10 Pt

It would be a massive undertaking to make that happen. How many part timers are under a year in. By the time they get a feel for what the union even is they are either suck of it and quit or get fired. I've tried to find time to interact with every new hire I possibly can and I get email addresses so I can send them a contract but thatsthat's really not even enough.
Tell them they can vote themselves a raise. Our pters voted heavily in the last CBA offering. We just have face to face communication with them and we get the drivers involved with them as well.
It's not as hard as you think.

Duckwithapipboy

15 at minimum clear across the hourly part time employees. No wage progression. 1 dollar for every year.
This is currently the first time I know of where the government could possibly get part timers a better wage before a labor union does.
I just have to hope that my raise comes on my seniority date and not my hire date. Hitting my first year next Monday, but Oregon's $1.50 hike doesn't kick in until July 1st. Would suck to have that yearly raise swallowed up by a state-mandated wage hike.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
....amended to read "properly released following prescribed methods"...
That's already in the contract.....and more.

ARTICLE 10. LOSS AND DAMAGE
Section 1.
No employee shall make any reimbursement or have monies deducted from his/her pay for loss or damage to parcels except as provided in this Section.
No employee shall be disciplined or required to make reimbursement for lost or damaged parcels unless the Employer demonstrates that the employee, without justification or mitigation, violated pertinent established rules or policies, the observance of which would have prevented the loss or damage. In no event shall a driver be subject to reimbursement for loss or damage to a Driver Release parcel valued at one hundred dollars ($100.00) or less. The Employer will provide each driver a current list of all Driver Release Areas and all Non Driver Release Areas within that driver’s area upon request.
An employee who is charged for loss or damage by the Employer shall not be subject to both discipline and reimbursement. The Employer will clearly notify the employee and the Union of its intent to either discipline or seek reimbursement. No employee shall be subject to discipline or reimbursement unless the Employer brings the loss or damage to the employee’s attention within fifteen (15) business days after receiving a written shipper notice of claim.
When an employee is subject to discipline, the employee shall not make any reimbursement for such loss or damage. When an employee is subject to reimbursement, the employee shall not be subject to discipline for such loss or damage.
Any employee who is found to be responsible for two (2) reimbursements in a twelve (12) month period may receive a warning letter in addition to being responsible for reimbursement should a third (3rd) loss occur in the same twelve (12) month period.
No action shall be taken by the Employer under this Section until the grievance procedure is invoked and concluded. In such grievance hearings the Employer shall present its case first.
If an employee is held liable for reimbursement for loss or damage under Article 10, Section 1 in regard to any package, he/she will be held liable for the value of the package, the amount paid by the Employer to the customer, or the insured value of the package, whichever is least.
Reimbursement schedules shall be reasonable and fair, based upon the circumstances of each case.
This Article is not to be construed as permitting charges for loss or damage to equipment. Nor is this Article to be construed as permitting charges for any loss or damage to merchandise as a result of a vehicular accident under any circumstances.

RuthlessSupSlayer

So i know how whiny or entitled this may come across but i would like to see something better than some :censored2:ty dust filled fans every 5-8 trucks to help us cool down. I was told last uear we had multiple people fall out from heat stroke last year. Something should also be done for the drivers as well. If Orion has saved miles and gasoline then we should share in the fruits of what i understand is a chaotic cluster:censored2:.

How is this work condition healthy or safe for us workers? Isnt that why the first union was formed for from the shoemakers in the late 1700s? They wanted better working conditions and fair pay.

Last edited:

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
That's already in the contract.....and more.

ARTICLE 10. LOSS AND DAMAGE
Section 1.
No employee shall make any reimbursement or have monies deducted from his/her pay for loss or damage to parcels except as provided in this Section.
No employee shall be disciplined or required to make reimbursement for lost or damaged parcels unless the Employer demonstrates that the employee, without justification or mitigation, violated pertinent established rules or policies, the observance of which would have prevented the loss or damage. In no event shall a driver be subject to reimbursement for loss or damage to a Driver Release parcel valued at one hundred dollars ($100.00) or less. The Employer will provide each driver a current list of all Driver Release Areas and all Non Driver Release Areas within that driver’s area upon request.
An employee who is charged for loss or damage by the Employer shall not be subject to both discipline and reimbursement. The Employer will clearly notify the employee and the Union of its intent to either discipline or seek reimbursement. No employee shall be subject to discipline or reimbursement unless the Employer brings the loss or damage to the employee’s attention within fifteen (15) business days after receiving a written shipper notice of claim.
When an employee is subject to discipline, the employee shall not make any reimbursement for such loss or damage. When an employee is subject to reimbursement, the employee shall not be subject to discipline for such loss or damage.
Any employee who is found to be responsible for two (2) reimbursements in a twelve (12) month period may receive a warning letter in addition to being responsible for reimbursement should a third (3rd) loss occur in the same twelve (12) month period.
No action shall be taken by the Employer under this Section until the grievance procedure is invoked and concluded. In such grievance hearings the Employer shall present its case first.
If an employee is held liable for reimbursement for loss or damage under Article 10, Section 1 in regard to any package, he/she will be held liable for the value of the package, the amount paid by the Employer to the customer, or the insured value of the package, whichever is least.
Reimbursement schedules shall be reasonable and fair, based upon the circumstances of each case.
This Article is not to be construed as permitting charges for loss or damage to equipment. Nor is this Article to be construed as permitting charges for any loss or damage to merchandise as a result of a vehicular accident under any circumstances.

I always like, when someone can quote and apply contract language.

I have done the same, a couple of times as a steward.

It's not an insurmountable task.

"So.... How many send-agains, are acceptable when the driver

can't DR everything strictly by your methods ??" :biggrin:

Let's see an OCS demonstrate Driver Release methods 100%.

(for more than 5 minutes)

It doesn't happen.

-Bug-

Status
Not open for further replies.