Contract proposals for 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Depending on issue and the outcome of the charges.
Out of service due to an 800 call that is unsubstantiated is garbage. And with one of the drivers that Bubblehead is talking about I would bet the company has shot themselves in the foot and I hope the company shells out a chunk large enough that drops the stock price.
More Barney Fife antics.View attachment 141175

I have never heard of anyone put out of service based solely on a customer concern.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
"Taken out of service, pending investigation", over a HR complaint made on June 15th....

....no alternative work, no letter or hearing to date.

Therefore, no pay or benefits, plus many other punitive damages going forward, without the Company ever taking a position.

I don't get it?

~Bbbl~™

Without citing something from article 17 ?

If it's not a cardinal sin, they should be entitled to work.

What am I missing ?

-Bug-

10 Pt

Without citing something from article 17 ?

If it's not a cardinal sin, they should be entitled to work.

What am I missing ?

-Bug-
A witch hunt.
Difference?
An accident has defined perimeters defined in the CBA.
17i does not and depending on the issue reported by a customer/general public, the witness(es) statements, etc, perimeters can be made up as they go and it normally goes against the driver if the company wants rid of them.

Morning Gents and Ladies. So how many days does the Company have to Conduct their investigation into the Complaints? Drivers out of service pending investigation!

10 Pt

If that's the case, it's "violence in the workplace".

A cardinal sin.

-Bug-
Oh so a center manager can get a police report filed on him (reported by the OMS!) after he screamed that he was going to "friend....king kill someone" in the office and not miss a day's work, a driver can back another driver into a corner (in front of two supervisors) while screaming in his face and not be disciplined at all because he's Management's boy, and the list goes on but a driver can be taken out of service (two days after the company had "knowledge" of the alleged threat) and terminated for hearsay because he's a steward and the company wants rid of him?

This is a sick place to work.

Last edited by a moderator:

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Oh so a center manager can get a police report filed on him (reported by the OMS!) after he screamed that he was going to "friend....king kill someone" in the office and not miss a day's work, a driver can back another driver into a corner (in front of two supervisors) while screaming in his face and not be disciplined at all because he's Management's boy, and the list goes on but a driver can be taken out of service (two days after the company had "knowledge" of the alleged threat) and terminated for hearsay because he's a steward and the company wants rid of him?

This is a sick place to work.

I'm hoping, you don't think I can justify those situations ?

@10 point

Problems like that, can be solved at the ballot box.

I know it sounds like a worn out record.... but it's the truth.

-Bug-

10 Pt

I'm hoping, you don't think I can justify those situations ?

@10 point

Problems like that, can be solved at the ballot box.

I know it sounds like a worn out record.... but it's the truth.

-Bug-
Bug, I'm not believing that you would ever allow this in your local. The company is the issue. Our local is worthless but it has nothing to do with what the company has or hasn't done in these situations. There's a huge history that if face to face we could talk you would understand. Not saying that you don't now.

For the local issue the "representation" we have won by one vote and was caught cheating numerous times. The ups members only make up one third of the local membership but lost our fight by one lousy vote to tie and one to win. There's a lot more to this election story. Someday you'll know it all I'm sure.
We fought the fight. Now we let the NLRB deal with him.
As for the company, we aren't backing down either. Ain't going to happen.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Bug, I'm not believing that you would ever allow this in your local.

That wouldn't happen.

Well if it's alleged Violence in the work place, why would the Company have to take these drivers out of service pending investigation?

I thought you were weighing in.... on first hand knowledge.

I smell a rat!

Right.

All newly elected Stewards, have to start somewhere.

Maybe.... you will get the hang of it.

-Bug-

Status
Not open for further replies.