Contract proposals for 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

10 Pt

Vacations are 45 hours/9 hours per day. Sick and personal days should be the same.
We're fortunate to get 9 hrs/day and 10/day on option week.
Guaranteed 8 unless reported and not put to work =s 6.
The two option days replace sick days and are paid at the daily guarantee.

Heck, get five 10 hr days in one week and some will either opt onto the 9.5 list or be filing for the triple time pay.
I don't think that you can have it both ways.

brownelf

Pension benefits paid on all hours worked, overtime hours paid at 150% of regular benefit rate. Vacation hours earned include all hours worked also.

Scottyhawk

What is it? A brown box. Duh
Vacations are 45 hours/9 hours per day. Sick and personal days should be the same.
Our other days (sick/personal) are paid at 9 hours, at least in our supplement. Option days are paid at 8 hours with one of them being a triple option day. paid 8 for the option and double time for all ours worked

MostHelpNeeded

If I was negotiating the master, I'd take a copy of each supplement, find the best language for each issue, and go to the table with that list. With that approach, there's no reason for the big differences in what different areas get. If the company is willing to pay 9 hours on option/sick days in one area, they're willing to pay it in all. One supplement gives 5 option days, one 3....why? Some areas get 1.5X pay for a holiday, while others get 3x on the same day.

If I was negotiating a supplement....I mean, come on. 'How come you give X 5 paid sick days, but our guys only get 2? WTF is that?' How do these supplements get voted on and ratified with language less than what has already been established. Blows my mind. Especially with every contract being available online.

Notretiredyet

All FT package drivers have either a Tues-Sat or Mon-Fri designated schedule, any driver worked on their designated days off shall be paid at doubletime rate.

10 Pt

Where did the 9.5 list get the limit of a few months?
But wading into the water without that answer yet ...
I'd like it to be a year (to date) coverage.
Easier for the employee to track and more incentive for the company to back off the dispatch before they become liable for a whole year.

MostHelpNeeded

As it stands now, H&W and Pension contributions are roughly equal to half of full rate. What this means is that it costs the company roughly the same to work you overtime as it does regularly.

This is not a good thing. It needs to be dealt with or things will never get better

Two options:

1. Pension and H/W compensation for ALL hours worked

2. All overtime paid at 2x hourly rate OR Automatic triple time after 9.5

One of these two things has to happen

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Easier for the employee to track and more incentive for the company to back off the dispatch before they become liable for a whole year.

How about once you sign the 9.5 list your on it until you take your name off

BrutalBear

I work in a remodled automated smalls area in central. I want language and a standard size of package for what can go into the automated smalls system. They are taking advantage of there not being a set standard size and making us take packages 2 to 3 times bigger then we used to when we used to manually sort. The bigger packages fill the bags faster so we have to sprint from rack to rack or it could shut the system down since they run us with a small crew 75% of the time. since more hubs are going to be going automated this will be affecting most of us. $12-$13 starting out is good 15 to much. Give em benefits after 6 months. I agree if one region can get 5 optional days why cant we all.

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
I'd like to see it opposite. Everyone start on the 9.5. You request to be available for excessive OT.

10 Pt

I work in a remodled automated smalls area in central. I want language and a standard size of package for what can go into the automated smalls system. They are taking advantage of there not being a set standard size and making us take packages 2 to 3 times bigger then we used to when we used to manually sort. The bigger packages fill the bags faster so we have to sprint from rack to rack or it could shut the system down since they run us with a small crew 75% of the time. since more hubs are going to be going automated this will be affecting most of us. $12-$13 starting out is good 15 to much. Give em benefits after 6 months. I agree if one region can get 5 optional days why cant we all.
Work safer. Stop sprinting. Let the system shut down and the the supes can get on the bat phone to ask the gurus how to fix the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.