Coronavirus

The Driver

I drive.
Your next post will include some dumb link using the phrase "insufficient evidence."

And then I'll call you a maroon because the doctors are the reason there is "insufficient evidence."

If there were an effective therapeutic, they'd lose their vaccine program support, so they suppress all possible evidence.
You are way, way too deep into the conspiracy theories and medical quackery.

It's ok to be pro-vitamins but they're not keeping Bubba from organ failure in the ICU.

wilberforce15

So are you admitting that I'm right, that for 10 months or so they gave no help to anybody, and had no input, and didn't do any sufficient studies, on anything that might actually help patients other than a vaccine?

Malpractice.

wilberforce15

You are way, way too deep into the conspiracy theories and medical quackery.

It's ok to be pro-vitamins but they're not keeping Bubba from organ failure in the ICU.
Nutrition makes the entire immune system run. Proper nutrition absolutely can keep Uncle Tyrone from organ failure.

So you affirm that the only thing medicine invented in the past 100 years that can help is a ventilator?

How useless are they?

The Driver

I drive.
Nutrition makes the entire immune system run. Proper nutrition absolutely can keep Uncle Tyrone from organ failure.

So you affirm that the only thing medicine invented in the past 100 years that can help is a ventilator?

How useless are they?
One thing medicine has invented in the last 18 months is a safe and effective vaccine!

wilberforce15

One thing medicine has invented in the last 18 months is a safe and effective vaccine!
You do realize that I support a lot of people being vaccinated, right?

And yet for 10 months doctors did jack-crap for anybody. And they still offer no help to anyone other than the vaccine, and ventilators.

That is malpractice.

The Driver

I drive.

How useless are they?
Nutrition is extremely important for a well-functioning immune system. But expecting a few vitamins to undo decades of destruction from the standard American diet is a Hail Mary pass. We need to do both: get the vaccine because it's safe and effective and tackle our lifestyle/chronic disease disaster.

wilberforce15

Nutrition is extremely important for a well-functioning immune system. But expecting a few vitamins to undo decades of destruction from the standard American diet is a Hail Mary pass. We need to do both: get the vaccine because it's safe and effective and tackle our lifestyle/chronic disease disaster.
I didn't say they'd undo anything. But megadoses of the relevant vitamins absolutely can improve outcomes. And not prescribing them as a standard of care is malpractice.

Doctors do nothing until people are dying. That's malpractice.

The Driver

I drive.
Well, then tell me what they do for people with positive tests?

What do they prescribe? What do they do?

"Go home and call us if you have low oxygen."

That's it. That's malpractice.
Those positive test cases are more than welcome to go get their bloodwork checked BEFORE a positive test.

Personal responsibility. Putting this all on doctors is childish.

wilberforce15

Those positive test cases are more than welcome to go get their bloodwork checked BEFORE a positive test.

Personal responsibility. Putting this all on doctors is childish.
And yet, without bloodwork or patient responsibility, they can prescribe vitamins to positive tests in blanket fashion.

And they don't. But it would help. And has almost no risk.

Not doing that is malpractice.

The Driver

I drive.
I didn't say they'd undo anything. But megadoses of the relevant vitamins absolutely can improve outcomes. And not prescribing them as a standard of care is malpractice.

Doctors do nothing until people are dying. That's malpractice.
Show me. Don't tell. Show me evidence that "megadoses" of vitamins can improve outcomes. Where is it?

wilberforce15

Your next post will include some dumb link using the phrase "insufficient evidence."

And then I'll call you a maroon because the doctors are the reason there is "insufficient evidence."

If there were an effective therapeutic, they'd lose their vaccine program support, so they suppress all possible evidence.
Yep.

The Driver

I drive.
You just said that nutrition matters. Then you tell me nutrition can't help or we don't have evidence.

You just want to be stupid, so I'll let you.
Of course it's important. Is it the key to getting this pandemic under control? You're going to have to provide evidence that it helps in place of your wishful thinking.