Coronavirus

Thebrownblob

Acted as Guinea pigs?

“Given the high prevalence of post-infection immunity, this risk-benefit profile is even less favourable. University booster mandates are unethical because: 1) no formal risk-benefit assessment exists for this age group; 2) vaccine mandates may result in a net expected harm to individual young people; 3) mandates are not proportionate: expected harms are not outweighed by public health benefits given the modest and transient effectiveness of vaccines against transmission; 4) US mandates violate the reciprocity principle because rare serious vaccine-related harms will not be reliably compensated due to gaps in current vaccine injury schemes; and 5) mandates create wider social harms.”

tadpole

“Given the high prevalence of post-infection immunity, this risk-benefit profile is even less favourable. University booster mandates are unethical because: 1) no formal risk-benefit assessment exists for this age group; 2) vaccine mandates may result in a net expected harm to individual young people; 3) mandates are not proportionate: expected harms are not outweighed by public health benefits given the modest and transient effectiveness of vaccines against transmission; 4) US mandates violate the reciprocity principle because rare serious vaccine-related harms will not be reliably compensated due to gaps in current vaccine injury schemes; and 5) mandates create wider social harms.”
I like that it says the university booster mandates are unethical, and I agree. But even if there were formal risk-benefit analasys for this age group, even if the vaccines had better effectiveness against transmission, even if the vaccine injury compensation was perfect, it STILL IS UNETHICAL to force people into taking medicine to continue working their job, getting educated, or participate in society.

Thebrownblob

I like that it says the university booster mandates are unethical, and I agree. But even if there were formal risk-benefit analasys for this age group, even if the vaccines had better effectiveness against transmission, even if the vaccine injury compensation was perfect, it STILL IS UNETHICAL to force people into taking medicine to continue working their job, getting educated, or participate in society.
Agreed I think it’s just the medical community coming to grips with what they have done and how they’ve radicalized people into believing something. There were literally people saying Unvaccinated should be forced to die, and not receive treatment.

“5) mandates create wider social harms.”

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Got worried when my recent criticism of pot didn't draw a response lol.
He's too busy now with his TV star friends.

1629286650275-png.348630