Coronavirus

oldngray

nowhere special
China Concealed Extent of Virus Outbreak, U.S. Intelligence Says

shocked not.gif

rod

Retired 23 years
We just had a 20 year old kid with no history of travel test positive for the "old mans virus". First official one in the County. I bet all of a sudden the younger generation around here isn't feeling quite so bullet-proof.

Non sequitur

Read this today

Hi y'all, long time no see.

I work as an EMT in Michigan in the Detroit area, we are in the top 5 states for COVID cases with the Detroit area being the worst of it. Over the past twelve weeks I've had over a dozen confirmed COVID patients and dozens more of possible COVIDS. Allow me to share some brief observations.

Out of 12 confirmed COVIDs, only one had a really bad hacking cough. These patients were mostly geriatric with 2 of the being in their 40s. These patients didn't even look sickly. I've seen the common cold do more physically than this. Granted some of these patients were in the recovery phase, but I'll usually ask them about their experience and they just think it was like having a cold. The one patient I had who looked in the roughest state was one of my 40 yo patients but he also was actively receiving Chemo for cancer. Nothing else noteworthy about the people I've seen with it.

Now moving away from patient symptoms, I'm going to give you an idea of what's going on with our supply situations. Whenever we get a COVID possible we take our trucks back to our station for decon via UV lamps, the radiation kills any airborne droplets and takes 2-3 hours. For the passed 2 weeks at any given time a third of our fleet is out of service for decon. However it shouldn't be. Trucks don't need UV decon unless the patient is actively coughing and producing airborne droplets. Since most of our patients do not have even a cough, the shortage of trucks comes down to our crews being lazy :censored2:heads who just want to kill an hour or two of their shift going back to station and getting a new truck. Truly we are a lazy bunch. This shortage is completely retarded. Our call volumes have plummeted. Nursing homes and hospitals are only sending essential traffic in and out. People who call 911 for bull:censored2: have decided its more fun to talk about how scary COVID is to fish for attention, vs going to the ER for a broken toe nail.

The only real shortage of supplies we're having right now is hand sanitizer and PPE (gowns, goggles, N95s etc). All of these are in short supply because the N95s for example, are worn to every single call, regardless of what it is. We wear them to every hospital and nursing home. Essentially I spend 8-10 hours of a 12 hour shift with a mask on my face. These are our protocols and if things were really desperate we wouldn't have the resources to waste like this and ultimately it's kind of useless. Theater medicine.

And the hand sanitizer shortage is absolutely comical. Soap and water will kill any COVID particles on your hands without killing all the necessary bacteria that your immune system uses to stay in shape. By using those 99% hand sanitizers 400 times a day you are weakening your immune system and within three weeks you'd probably end up dead if you caught the common cold. But people cling to the :censored2: like their life depends on it because washing your hands for 30 seconds is just too damn difficult.

So time for a quick Highlight reel:
1) DO NOT USE HAND SANITIZER UNLESS SOAP AND WATER IS NOT AVAILABLE YOU ARE DESTROYING YOUR IMMUNE SYSTEM
2) MOST PATIENTS I HAVE SEEN HAVE BEEN ABSOLUTELY FINE
3) SUPPLY SHORTAGES ARE DUE TO YOUR HEALTHCARE SYSTEM BEING OPERATED BY A CHIMPANZEE BANGING ROCKS AGAINST A COMPUTER IN AREA 51
4) MOST OF THE OVERWHELMED ERS ARE IN THAT STATE DUE TO A MODERATE UPTICK IN PATIENT NUMBERS BEING THROWN ONTO A SYSTEM THAT WAS STRUGGLING BEFORE COVID
5) THE HEALTHCARE SYSTEM WAS FALLING APART LONG BEFORE ANY OF THIS

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
4,528 dead Americans. 205,000 known infected. Trump was vacationing in India in late Feb. he wasn’t even in the USA. He couldn’t ground all international flights because he was flying around the world. BUT, more importantly he didn’t want to upset his corporate base.
Wrong.
Travel restrictions were put in place January 31. You know what Democrats'biggest concern was.... diversity. LMAO.

White House task force on coronavirus another example of Trump administration's lack of diversity - CNNPolitics

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
We just had a 20 year old kid with no history of travel test positive for the "old mans virus". First official one in the County. I bet all of a sudden the younger generation around here isn't feeling quite so bullet-proof.
Chances are there's a ton with it just not showing any symptoms as it doesn't affect most of them at all.

Even ones confirmed with testing the danger is minimal to their own health, it's the spread that's the concern.

Screenshot_20200401-140406.jpg