Coronavirus

Overpaid Union Thug

For the last few months I’ve been putting together “emerging bags” for my wife and I to keep in our vehicles. I was about to start buying emergency food and other supplies for the house right about the time the coronavirus became news. I bought most of it the other day.

Both of our bags contain basic supplies so that we can have something to sleep on, in, and under should we be caught out far from home for whatever reason. Either one of our bags would be adequate enough to keep all four of us sheltered and have food and water as well. Mine has two AR15 magazines loaded with hollow points. I always have an AR (SBR) in my personal truck as well as my M&P Shield 9mm.

I bought plenty of cheap and long lasting food in bulk to keep in the house as well as plenty of bottled water. I can tell a lot of other people have been doing the same thing because there’s been a drastic increase in Sams and Amazon Pantry boxes in many of our trucks. I also have several boxes of N95 Masks that are somewhat affective act preventing infection through the mouth/nose if used properly. The good thing about those is when these scares blow over they can still be used to paint.

clean hairy

Literally collapsing in the streets of Wuhan, China!

NINTCHDBPICT000556653752-1-e1579855041764.jpg

A patient with suspected coronavirus at the Prince of Wales Hospital in Hong Kong.
Many of the victims have travelled from the epicentre WuhanCredit: Reuters
NINTCHDBPICT000556595137.jpg
That is really Management taking a driver to the punishment room for running over allowed too many times....

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
On average 3,287 people die a day from car crashes.

I'd be more worried about that.
Did Biden give you that number? LOL

Car Accident Statistics in the U.S.
  • Average number of car accidents in the .U.S. every year is 6 million.
  • More than 90 people die in car accidents everyday.
  • 3 million people in the U.S. are injured every year in car accidents.
  • Around 2 million drivers in car accidents experience permanent injuries every year.
  • 1 in 7 people do not wear a seatbelt while driving.
  • Seatbelts reduce the risk of death by 45%.
  • Seatbelts cut the risk of serious injury by 50%.
  • People not wearing a seatbelt are 30 times more likely to be ejected from the vehicle during a crash.
Crashes Result in
  • 6% Fatality
  • 27% Non-fatality injury
  • 72% Property damage
Typical Causes of Accidents that Result in Death
  • Alcohol 40%
  • Speeding 30%
  • Reckless Driving 33%
Distracted Driving
  • Each day, more than 9 people are killed due to distracted driving.
  • More than 1060 people are injured in crashes that involve a distracted driver.1 out of 3 people text while driving.
  • You are 23 times more likely to crash while texting while driving.
  • Distraction was reported as a factor in nearly 1 in 5 crashes in which someone was injured.
  • 40% of all American teens say that they have been in a car when the driver used a cell phone in a way that put people in danger.
  • Driving while using a cell phone reduces the amount of brain activity associated with driving by 37%.
    Sending or receiving a text takes a driver’s eyes from the road for an average of 4.6 seconds, the equivalent of driving the length of an entire football field blind.
Source

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Did Biden give you that number? LOL

Car Accident Statistics in the U.S.
  • Average number of car accidents in the .U.S. every year is 6 million.
  • More than 90 people die in car accidents everyday.
  • 3 million people in the U.S. are injured every year in car accidents.
  • Around 2 million drivers in car accidents experience permanent injuries every year.
  • 1 in 7 people do not wear a seatbelt while driving.
  • Seatbelts reduce the risk of death by 45%.
  • Seatbelts cut the risk of serious injury by 50%.
  • People not wearing a seatbelt are 30 times more likely to be ejected from the vehicle during a crash.
Crashes Result in
  • 6% Fatality
  • 27% Non-fatality injury
  • 72% Property damage
Typical Causes of Accidents that Result in Death
  • Alcohol 40%
  • Speeding 30%
  • Reckless Driving 33%
Distracted Driving
  • Each day, more than 9 people are killed due to distracted driving.
  • More than 1060 people are injured in crashes that involve a distracted driver.1 out of 3 people text while driving.
  • You are 23 times more likely to crash while texting while driving.
  • Distraction was reported as a factor in nearly 1 in 5 crashes in which someone was injured.
  • 40% of all American teens say that they have been in a car when the driver used a cell phone in a way that put people in danger.
  • Driving while using a cell phone reduces the amount of brain activity associated with driving by 37%.
    Sending or receiving a text takes a driver’s eyes from the road for an average of 4.6 seconds, the equivalent of driving the length of an entire football field blind.
Source

Since wer'e are talking about a worldwide outbreak, what are the worldwide driving death statistics?

• Nearly 1.25 million people die in road crashes each year, on average 3,287 deaths a day.
  • An additional 20-50 million are injured or disabled.
  • More than half of all road traffic deaths occur among young adults ages 15-44.
  • Road traffic crashes rank as the 9th leading cause of death and account for 2.2% of all deaths globally.
  • Road crashes are the leading cause of death among young people ages 15-29, and the second leading cause of death worldwide among young people ages 5-14.
  • Each year nearly 400,000 people under 25 die on the world’s roads, on average over 1,000 a day.
  • Over 90% of all road fatalities occur in low and middle-income countries, which have less than half of the world’s vehicles.
  • Road crashes cost USD $518 billion globally, costing individual countries from 1-2% of their annual GDP.
  • Road crashes cost low and middle-income countries USD $65 billion annually, exceeding the total amount received in developmental assistance.
  • Unless action is taken, road traffic injuries are predicted to become the fifth leading cause of death by 2030.
Road Safety Facts — Association for Safe International Road Travel

@542thruNthru FTW

542thruNthru

Since wer'e are talking about a worldwide outbreak, what are the worldwide driving death statistics?

• Nearly 1.25 million people die in road crashes each year, on average 3,287 deaths a day.
  • More than half of all road traffic deaths occur among young adults ages 15-44.
  • Road traffic crashes rank as the 9th leading cause of death and account for 2.2% of all deaths globally.
  • Road crashes are the leading cause of death among young people ages 15-29, and the second leading cause of death worldwide among young people ages 5-14.
  • Each year nearly 400,000 people under 25 die on the world’s roads, on average over 1,000 a day.
  • Over 90% of all road fatalities occur in low and middle-income countries, which have less than half of the world’s vehicles.
  • Road crashes cost USD $518 billion globally, costing individual countries from 1-2% of their annual GDP.
  • Road crashes cost low and middle-income countries USD $65 billion annually, exceeding the total amount received in developmental assistance.
  • Unless action is taken, road traffic injuries are predicted to become the fifth leading cause of death by 2030.

@542thruNthru FTW

Suck it @Old Man Jingles :)

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

@542thruNthru FTW

I love this stat

• Well duh they make up a majority of those on the road.