Decline of the Middle Class

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Cherry picking today? Some of you want to talk revisionist history. I said pretty much everyone had a hand in it, including some Democrats who played a key role.
You said repeatedly they had to be pushed to make bad loans.
That's revisionist history.
They loved every second of it.
Greed.

floridays

I could be wrong it was a fecade or do ago

Please enlighten me.
Well I know I'm wrong in part, maybe whole. I know I am correct on fractional reserves and deposits, and the difference between commercial banking and the mortgage division of banks. The Community Reinvestment Act was what caused the bad, or potentially bad mortgages to be underwritten.

Meat

Blaming a group because your group isn't doing well is no different than blaming Jews in Germany before WWII.

The absolute worst analogy I’ve heard in my entire life (that includes personal, professional and academic).

Don't worry though, Bernie Sanders has all the tried and proven solutions that will make everyone equal and life will be great for your generation.

An astute observer (that pretty much rules you out) would have noticed that Sanders was the only candidate to explicitly state that voting for the “right” people is less than half of the battle. Meaning, he openly acknowledged that the two-party system is a complete sham, and the public en masse needs to effect social change through social activism. Of course, the sods will keep believing there is a difference between the two major parties, and keep waiting for politicians to enact legislation that will save the middle-class. The only true winners will be the capitalist class, the people who work for the capitalist class (i.e. politicians) and the national media that makes millions (billions?) of dollars covering the two-party system - sad.

vantexan

You said repeatedly they had to be pushed to make bad loans.
That's revisionist history.
They loved every second of it.
Greed.
They knew they were making bad loans. Loans they wouldn't have made without Congressional pressure. You do realize under normal circumstances bank regulators would shut them down for making such loans? They thought the derivatives market would make the difference and they'd cash in. It didn't, they didn't. But you see Timmy if you approach everything in life from the angle that your side is always right you miss the big picture.

They knew they were making bad loans. Loans they wouldn't have made without Congressional pressure. You do realize under normal circumstances bank regulators would shut them down for making such loans? They thought the derivatives market would make the difference and they'd cash in. It didn't, they didn't. But you see Timmy if you approach everything in life from the angle that your side is always right you miss the big picture.
Fight nice guys

vantexan

The absolute worst analogy I’ve heard in my entire life (that includes personal, professional and academic).

An astute observer (that pretty much rules you out) would have noticed that Sanders was the only candidate to explicitly state that voting for the “right” people is less than half of the battle. Meaning, he openly acknowledged that the two-party system is a complete sham, and the public en masse needs to effect social change through social activism. Of course, the sods will keep believing there is a difference between the two major parties, and keep waiting for politicians to enact legislation that will save the middle-class. The only true winners will be the capitalist class, the people who work for the capitalist class (i.e. politicians) and the national media that makes millions (billions?) of dollars covering the two-party system - sad.
Well you've got it all figured out. Go therefore to the battle young master of the universe and change it all for the better.

vantexan

Why do you keep bringing up the gays?

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
They knew they were making bad loans.
We're in agreement.
Loans they wouldn't have made without Congressional pressure.
You're wrong.
You do realize under normal circumstances bank regulators would shut them down for making such loans?
Deregulation is a platform for a certain political party, you figure it out.
But you see Timmy if you approach everything in life from the angle that your side is always right you miss the big picture.
A big part of the problem is people like you, who insist on taking sides.
But you see Jane, I'm not on anyone's side, because no one is on my side.
giphy (1).gif

Last edited: