Does Blackrock have a better 401k option than UPS/Teamsters 401k?

Thebrownblob

I didn’t study 📚 or had enough faith in the beginning. My loss…
1721685219124.gif

vmgr152

Whoa… too much centralized power for one company. Anyone noticed they said screw the Stable Value fund? They know something….. This is dominoes falling..Damn….
View attachment 493209
I'm confused why would somebody put money into a 401k that's not matched by the company and not just invest in the UPS stock at a 5% discount and then go to a brokerage company and get a Roth IRA ? Investing in a 401k that's not match is nothing but a glorified savings plan.

Thebrownblob

I'm confused why would somebody put money into a 401k that's not matched by the company and not just invest in the UPS stock at a 5% discount and then go to a brokerage company and get a Roth IRA ? Investing in a 401k that's not match is nothing but a glorified savings plan.
I don’t think I could’ve saved almost $1 million in a saving plan. There isn’t anything wrong with the way you’re suggesting going about it, but it’s a lot more complicated then having money just directly taken out of your check and not thinking about it.

Over70irregs

Tax deferral? Just a guess

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
When I retired I hired a financial planner and the first thing he did was tell me how badly the 401 K was underperforming.
I got out of (at the time it was Prudential) the teamster/UPS 401K and he invested my money into Pacific Life and friend &. G and have seen a much bigger return.
He also had me sell half of my UPS stock.
I had 3000 shares and was very very reluctant due to the quarterly dividend but that was invested into a higher performing portfolio as well.

Darmark7

Retired 2020. Not my Problem Anymore!
if UPS drops the amount they pay per dividend that will be the sign of death. UPS has always bragged about never lowering the price paid per dividend in its history.
I’m sitting on about 2000 shares and it’s getting concerning. 1 woman CEO has done so much harm to this company. Hope we have learned our lesson moving forward.

Thebrownblob

if UPS drops the amount they pay per dividend that will be the sign of death. UPS has always bragged about never lowering the price paid per dividend in its history.
I’m sitting on about 2000 shares and it’s getting concerning. 1 woman CEO has done so much harm to this company. Hope we have learned our lesson moving forward.
I own zero shares of UPS. I invested in other things, but there was a time when I thought UPS would be a very solid investment.. Do not think UPS is a great investment anymore. I think the stock will add under perform. There used to be a genuine attempt to take care of the customers and do the right thing. This is a different company than when you started and I started. There is no commitment to excellence in customer service. The only thing they’re worried about is who to blame when things go wrong. This is still a great company and I think things could change. I just don’t see it happening in the foresee of the future. I hope I’m wrong.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
When I retired I hired a financial planner and the first thing he did was tell me how badly the 401 K was underperforming.
I got out of (at the time it was Prudential) the teamster/UPS 401K and he invested my money into Pacific Life and friend &. G and have seen a much bigger return.
Sounds like your "financial planner" sold you whole life trash that gets him a kickback.

Our 401k is mostly index funds with very low fees. If it was underperforming then the whole market was too.

Thebrownblob

Sounds like your "financial planner" sold you whole life trash that gets him a kickback.

Our 401k is mostly index funds with very low fees. If it was underperforming then the whole market was too.
I agree our fees are very low, but according to what I’m hearing blackrock taking over is going to more than double them? Seems pretty unfair.