Does Blackrock have a better 401k option than UPS/Teamsters 401k?

XWlhicKYRKKKgepIBP.gif

I’m hoping to not have to tap into my major investments for 10+ years from now so I’m riding this rollercoaster out.
I wish I could find an article I read maybe but you are so good

It basically said put 10 years if an investments in something safe and with the rest ride and rebalance it every couple of years if there is not market

According to what they said like there's never been the 10-year period, which is wrong
At the market didn't have a positive return

Darmark7

Retired 2020. Not my Problem Anymore!
I wish I could find an article I read maybe but you are so good

It basically said put 10 years if an investments in something safe and with the rest ride and rebalance it every couple of years if there is not market

According to what they said like there's never been the 10-year period, which is wrong
At the market didn't have a positive return

@IVE GOTTA PACKAGE 4U …. Thanks.
My wife and I are pretty frugal and we want for nothing. I’ve been retired for almost 4 yrs and have been doing well just on the pension money. I haven’t even tapped into any savings yet. I’m 61 now and hope to wait till 67 till I take Social Security. I am diversified in quite a few different areas. I have a decent amount in many things but no huge mount in any 1 thing. Lately I wonder if I have too much in UPS stock, 2000 shares and growing. I’ve never sold any and always reinvest the dividends. My Plan was (if needed) to first use some savings then next would be take UPS dividends as cash. That leaves me a nice cushion before I would even have to think about selling anything. I have never used a financial advisor, because I have seen to many friends and family get screwed by them. I try to not get greedy and stay with boring solid investments. So far it has worked out great.

@IVE GOTTA PACKAGE 4U …. Thanks.
My wife and I are pretty frugal and we want for nothing. I’ve been retired for almost 4 yrs and have been doing well just on the pension money. I haven’t even tapped into any savings yet. I’m 61 now and hope to wait till 67 till I take Social Security. I am diversified in quite a few different areas. I have a decent amount in many things but no huge mount in any 1 thing. Lately I wonder if I have too much in UPS stock, 2000 shares and growing. I’ve never sold any and always reinvest the dividends. My Plan was (if needed) to first use some savings then next would be take UPS dividends as cash. That leaves me a nice cushion before I would even have to think about selling anything. I have never used a financial advisor, because I have seen to many friends and family get screwed by them. I try to not get greedy and stay with boring solid investments. So far it has worked out great.
The break-even point from taking social security at age 62 versus age 70 is 79 years people take a few months
Interest rates are higher they've been a long time maybe pull over money and something safe
But that's just my two cents worth
Enjoy your retirement my friend

Over70irregs

Sure, we’re well aware that AI and tech stocks have over inflated the market. What does that have to do with your original point? Corrections are normal.
It’s worse than we know. Tie in RE and it’s depressing.
Original point is we cannot do a correction now. Look at chart. 71 is no gold standard. 2000 is dotcom. 08 GFC Flu 2020. The $ supply print is too far now. We are going into LA Laker fast break. Your 401k is being picked up by the BEAST. They own you now.

Thebrownblob

It’s worse than we know. Tie in RE and it’s depressing.
Original point is we cannot do a correction now. Look at chart. 71 is no gold standard. 2000 is dotcom. 08 GFC Flu 2020. The $ supply print is too far now. We are going into LA Laker fast break. Your 401k is being picked up by the BEAST. They own you now.
No they don’t. I’m not consumed with looking at charts. And the beast has no power over me. Maybe he does you?