Does FedEx do same-day will call?

!Retired!

I have had my CSA give me redirects of handguns. I don't tell the Walgreens people what they are though. Not sure if that's good or bad info to give out, you know?
I have a gun dealer on my route (sells from his house). All his stuff comes ASR. He told me he asked once to have it held at Safeway or Walgreens and 1-800 said that wasn't allowed. There's a new FedEx Office not far from his house. Maybe he can have it held there.

SmithBarney

Isn’t that where you sign into the route manifest every morning?
Well manifest loads automatically everyday SRA or DRA, if you are bypassing the manifest screen and going to the old delivery screen for each stop, you are only hurting yourself, time and convenience. FedEx tries to make the job easier...yet folks still want to take the hard way.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Well manifest loads automatically everyday SRA or DRA, if you are bypassing the manifest screen and going to the old delivery screen for each stop, you are only hurting yourself, time and convenience. FedEx tries to make the job easier...yet folks still want to take the hard way.
I do bypass the manifest screen. I’ve tried the manifest numerous times but I’ve found it slows me down. I can type faster than scrolling through multiple screens.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
STOP! You're starting to sound like OldFart.:blink:
5A33581A-7B3E-422D-98F7-577092A7B6D2.gif

Oldfart

I do bypass the manifest screen. I’ve tried the manifest numerous times but I’ve found it slows me down. I can type faster than scrolling through multiple screens.
You do know about 5 years ago they made it where you can scan the address barcode and you don't have to type in the address. No reason to search your screen if you don't want to. Can't figure out why the address label disappeared on the Amazon boxes a while back. Bummer

Last edited:

Oldfart

We have 3 drivers that deliver high rise buildings. They all told me they do not load the manifest so they can punch "same address" or whatever it says and they just add the suite number for the many deliveries they have in 1 building. Works for them. Every once in a while my manifest won't load and I realize then how useful it really is.

floridays

You do know about 5 years ago they made it where you can scan the address barcode and you don't have to type in the address. No reason to search your screen if you don't want to. Can't figure out why the address label disappeared on the Amazon boxes a while back. Bummer

whenIgetthere

You can search by number or street name, I find it much quicker than the old way. Also beeps if you miss a package when you scan the stop, as long as you vanned it.

Star B

White Lightening
I bypass the manifest screen is if I've got the bull:censored2: swing DRA dump-truck with three routes on it (for the non-signed in routes) and you've got to dig thru the manifest and nothing is in order. That and mall/office suite routes where DRA can't separate the suites. That way you still have the original "stop" so you can see at a glance what's left to deliver at that address.

On SRA routes, it's not that hard because everything is in alphabetical order. However, if I know the stop only has one box, I've been known to just grab the box and use the old screen on occasion.

Preventable

I still use the old delivery screen if I am doing stops that have not separated properly (apartments businesses that lump together packages that should not be), during reattempts sometimes when I don't want to scroll through a 100 stops, 0? packages that don't properly display. Or resi stops where one package needs a signature and one doesn't and they ain't home I deliver one then use the manifest to dex8 the other or vice versa.