Does Gen X only have 10% of retirement savings?

Over70irregs

You can do a lot of stuff on there once you figure out how to navigate it

And yes the short-term looks very tempting but we all know the interest rates are going to come down so you can lock in 4.5 or so for the the next 2 to 7 years you might be happy in a year or two from now

Just remember a little bit over 4 years ago the 10 year treasury was paying a half a percent and people was flocking to buy them.
Yeah The guy was recommending doing laddering with your money. So that you don’t have it all tied up at one time and have access to it.

Thebrownblob

“A new survey from Prudential of Americans 55 and older finds that Gen X is falling far short of recommended savings amounts. This is particularly true for the pre-retiree group around age 55, according to the company, which has a median savings of $47,950—only about 10% of the $446,565 Prudential recommends having by that age. (The firm's rule of thumb is having eight times one's annual salary stashed away by 55.)”

This Gen X’er right here is way ahead, but then again, I see a lot of people my age constantly buying new cars to keep up with the Joneses.

Over70irregs

“A new survey from Prudential of Americans 55 and older finds that Gen X is falling far short of recommended savings amounts. This is particularly true for the pre-retiree group around age 55, according to the company, which has a median savings of $47,950—only about 10% of the $446,565 Prudential recommends having by that age. (The firm's rule of thumb is having eight times one's annual salary stashed away by 55.)”

This Gen X’er right here is way ahead, but then again, I see a lot of people my age constantly buying new cars to keep up with the Joneses.
People are stuck.
1719516817248.png