Retiring more aircraft

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
That's the entire expletive deleted point. If the carrier can no longer provide services that protects the shippers interests and ROI ,no longer has the capabilities and diversity of services the shipper needs do you think he'll stick around? It's quite clear that your response is based on your sentiment and loyalty to FDX. It clearly appears that the entire thinking of FDX surrounds the question of what it can get rid of rather than what it must keep.
You’re assuming that because you failed as a business, that any business that is reinventing itself will fail as well.

Just shows that your rigid thinking isn’t realistic.

FedEx has been a cluster of mismanagement in the past. Doesn’t mean it’s doomed as a viable business. I’ve got my popcorn and I’m watching from the gallery. Unlike you, I’m not cheering for blood.

bacha29

You’re assuming that because you failed as a business, that any business that is reinventing itself will fail as well.

Just shows that your rigid thinking isn’t realistic.

FedEx has been a cluster of mismanagement in the past. Doesn’t mean it’s doomed as a viable business. I’ve got my popcorn and I’m watching from the gallery. Unlike you, I’m not cheering for blood.
Reinventing itself and disemboweling itself are not the same thing. Twenty three years is not a failure. Age 63 and the immediate need for a double hip joint replacement a parent with terminal brain cancer and FDX's unlawful demand that I turn over the payroll and financial information regarding my little S Corp were the driving forces behind my leaving. I was simply done for physically In fact the terminal manager I know told me that I got out at a good time because settlement increases have not kept pace with contractor costs resulting in significant contractor and contractor employed driver turnover. He went on to say that managers are leaving due to lack of pay progression.

And that little dig about having "failed as a business". Interesting that it came from one of Fat Freddy's barking little lap dogs.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
Reinventing itself and disemboweling itself are not the same thing. Twenty three years is not a failure. Age 63 and the immediate need for a double hip joint replacement a parent with terminal brain cancer and FDX's unlawful demand that I turn over the payroll and financial information regarding my little S Corp were the driving forces behind my leaving. I was simply done for physically In fact the terminal manager I know told me that I got out at a good time because settlement increases have not kept pace with contractor costs resulting in significant contractor and contractor employed driver turnover. He went on to say that managers are leaving due to lack of pay progression.

And that little dig about having "failed as a business". Interesting that it came from one of Fat Freddy's barking little lap dogs.
If taking a rational, objective view of an ongoing situation makes one a lap dog, then your spiteful celebration of the possibility of the failure of the company makes you a female dog.

Capisce?

bacha29

Lap dogs d
If taking a rational, objective view of an ongoing situation makes one a lap dog, then your spiteful celebration of the possibility of the failure of the company makes you a female dog.

Capisce?
Since you always have a far more rational and objective viewpoint than I have (or so you think) then answer the question. How much core business are they prepared to lose when the final disemboweling of the company is competed?

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
Lap dogs d

Since you always have a far more rational and objective viewpoint than I have (or so you think) then answer the question. How much core business are they prepared to lose when the final disemboweling of the company is competed?
All of the unprofitable business, I would surmise.

zeev

USPS is a 2 billion dollar revenue customer it has been effect for 25 years,planes that would sit idle during off hours, costs were low as contractors delivered and pickup the freight. FedEx is giving the USPS a heads up because they are getting out of the plane business it will happen quickly.

MAKAVELI

USPS is a 2 billion dollar revenue customer it has been effect for 25 years,planes that would sit idle during off hours, costs were low as contractors delivered and pickup the freight. FedEx is giving the USPS a heads up because they are getting out of the plane business it will happen quickly.
I think they were trying to get out of having employees on the payroll not out of the plane business. But that ain't working out too well for them so they keep changing their plans. 🤣

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
That goes without saying but what about the profitable business with shippers who see the 'remade" FDX as incapable of meeting all of it's needs. How much of that are they prepared to lose?
Any business whose business model is to address every possible 'what if' situation doesn't really have a business model. A decision is made to conduct business in a certain manner, and an assessment is made after that decision has been implemented. Attempting to have a contingency plan for every possible scenario is a setup for failure.

Since your second-guessing of the decisions FedEx has made makes you feel so smug, you should open a consulting business, and profit from your worldly acumen.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
You keep saying that it wasn’t profitable and FedEx didn’t want the contract. Brie was all over the news talking bout how FedEx was close to making a deal. UPS came in and beat FedEx out and will make it profitable. It’s funny how a better managed company keeps one step ahead.
I said they had a number they wanted and they were more than happy to walk away if they didn't get what they wanted.

UPS has a bunch of empty space on their existing flights, that's where they're putting the mail. You guys think we should keep flying dedicated mail flights and "make it profitable."

bacha29

I said they had a number they wanted and they were more than happy to walk away if they didn't get what they wanted.

UPS has a bunch of empty space on their existing flights, that's where they're putting the mail. You guys think we should keep flying dedicated mail flights and "make it profitable."
No question Dano you can't blame them for offloading marginally profitable business. At the same time how many long term, dependable, good paying, high volume accounts are going to look at FDX and say , " we're not willing to run the risk of finding out the hard way what we already suspect....You can't get the job done with the cheap rinky dink operation you've stripped yourselves down to".