Retiring more aircraft

yadig

UPS, a smaller airline, has more empty space on aircrafts than a much bigger Express airline that’s currently dumping as much of its freight onto Ground as it possibly can? If UPS can turn a profit with this contract by filling their voids with postal, so could FedEx. Especially with the new Fedex obviously heading towards more voids on planes anyway. They didn’t want to fly the freight. Period. Any explanation for why UPS took the deal would’ve made sense for FedEx too. Because we’re transitioning to the exact same business model as them.
It’s very simple and even dano knows, UPS is better managed!

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
UPS, a smaller airline, has more empty space on aircrafts than a much bigger Express airline that’s currently dumping as much of its freight onto Ground as it possibly can? If UPS can turn a profit with this contract by filling their voids with postal, so could FedEx.
You're saying that FedEx should us USPS volume to fill the empty space on the flights that are already flying for the purpose of moving USPS volume. My God.

Aquaman

You are correct.

UPS is putting most of the freight on their existing daytime flights.
And why can’t we put the freight on OUR existing daytime flights? If UPS has been flying daytime flights with enough empty space to fly the whole contract, how are they more profitable than us? And why aren’t we going to have more space on our daytime flights with the shrinking of Express? It doesn’t make any sense dude. If UPS doesn’t need postal specific flights, why did we. And why would we still need them with the ongoing merge?

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
And why can’t we put the freight on OUR existing daytime flights? If UPS has been flying daytime flights with enough empty space to fly the whole contract, how are they more profitable than us? And why aren’t we going to have more space on our daytime flights with the shrinking of Express? It doesn’t make any sense dude. If UPS doesn’t need postal specific flights, why did we. And why would we still need them with the ongoing merge?
Sounds like what you don’t know exceeds what you do.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
And why can’t we put the freight on OUR existing daytime flights?
THE DAYTIME FLIGHTS WE WERE USING FOR POSTAL VOLUME WERE FLIGHTS CREATED FOR THE POSTAL VOLUME.

All this time, all this going back and forth, and you didn't know that?????? My goodness, you're DAFT.

Aquaman

THE DAYTIME FLIGHTS WE WERE USING FOR POSTAL VOLUME WERE FLIGHTS CREATED FOR THE POSTAL VOLUME.

All this time, all this going back and forth, and you didn't know that?????? My goodness, you're DAFT.
Okay. Put the freight on already existing flights. Are you suggesting UPS can do that and we can’t?