Don't Hurt the Brand

quad decade guy

They are used to prove a driver knew about and concealed an accident. They can be used if a driver lies about backing, speeding, location. They can be used if a driver lies about delivering a package and the RING doorbell camera shows him sheeting inside the package car without making a legitimate attempt. These have all happened at my center.
Ok. But(as said here on BC...emphatically and without ANY doubt....) telematics or ANY electronics cannot be used for discipline. Right?

AKCoverMan

Our union should be ashamed of itself, if that POS gets to keep his job.
Our union should be ashamed of itself if it allows the Woke Left to “cancel” this hard working Teamster. He was NOT speaking to the customer he was speaking to himself venting frustration at something every UPS driver has been frustrated with,,, the customer who leaves a Signed Delivery Notice for an in person only delivery. Watch the video he first writes something on a notice that was already on door then fills out a new delivery notice for the new attempt.

There is nothing to show racism here except that Left Stream Media outlets (this is CBS) always see racism whenever remotely possible in this day and age. Racism is now automatically assumed because of the Latino surname, Notice the elected official mentioned in the article who immediately declares that this is all about skin color is a Democrat. Notice the driver involved is a white male. I mean he is practically convicted of rabid racism and sexism before he even walks up to the porch! He is an evil racist and probably has a Klan hood in his package car. He must be punished, stripped of ability to survive!!

And if customer last name is Smith and driver makes this comment (I’m certain this has happened many many times) then this is a big nothing burger. The media wouldn’t even sniff at the story.

Yes, he is stupid for venting frustration in front of a doorbell cam and he should feel some heat. A public meet up with customer and a sincere apology and explanation may be in order. But take away his job, His income and pension and healthcare over a frustrated (but understandable to anyone who has done the job) remark made to oneself on a long delivery day during peak? No. Would you subject a jaywalker to the firing squad? C’mon man!!

JL 0513

Assume every stop is recording video AND audio. Why are there still guys that don't assume this? With each stop, I consiously even think about how I'm placing the package down.

For those that don't have a Ring Doorbell, you may not understand how quick and easy they work with the owners phone. At the first sign of motion, your phone is chimed and you can connect. A still shot is now immediately posted in your notifications.

Act like the customer is standing on the porch at each and every delivery. Also consider how you are operating the package car on the property for those long driveways you go down.

Non sequitur

Our union should be ashamed of itself if it allows the Woke Left to “cancel” this hard working Teamster. He was NOT speaking to the customer he was speaking to himself venting frustration at something every UPS driver has been frustrated with,,, the customer who leaves a Signed Delivery Notice for an in person only delivery. Watch the video he first writes something on a notice that was already on door then fills out a new delivery notice for the new attempt.

There is nothing to show racism here except that Left Stream Media outlets (this is CBS) always see racism whenever remotely possible in this day and age. Racism is now automatically assumed because of the Latino surname, Notice the elected official mentioned in the article who immediately declares that this is all about skin color is a Democrat. Notice the driver involved is a white male. I mean he is practically convicted of rabid racism and sexism before he even walks up to the porch! He is an evil racist and probably has a Klan hood in his package car. He must be punished, stripped of ability to survive!!

And if customer last name is Smith and driver makes this comment (I’m certain this has happened many many times) then this is a big nothing burger. The media wouldn’t even sniff at the story.

Yes, he is stupid for venting frustration in front of a doorbell cam and he should feel some heat. A public meet up with customer and a sincere apology and explanation may be in order. But take away his job, His income and pension and healthcare over a frustrated (but understandable to anyone who has done the job) remark made to oneself on a long delivery day during peak? No. Would you subject a jaywalker to the firing squad? C’mon man!!
Any minorities at his barn should do a sit-down. Punishment doesn't fit the crime period. If he has issues having minority brothers and sisters standing up for him would be a perfect teachable.

Fuzzy Brown

How soft do you have to be to want a man to lose his livelihood over something he said in a moment of frustration?
No one was threatened with violence or or injured.
What he said was indefensible, it was a mistake but not a cardinal sin.

NAHimGOOD

Nothing to see here.... Move along.
Depends what I'm eating.
Tacos -corn
Burrito-flour
ge7e7.gif

Big Rigger

How soft do you have to be to want a man to lose his livelihood over something he said in a moment of frustration?
No one was threatened with violence or or injured.
What he said was indefensible, it was a mistake but not a cardinal sin.
the questions will be asked: did you see the camera/doorbell? did you ring the bell?
if he answers yes to either question it will not play out well

Big Rigger

Then the racist supervisor should be fired. Job titles don’t blur the lines of racism.
job titles blur the lines of racism at this company. were the bosses in lexington, cincinnati, maumee, etc fired?? get some new material mr supervisor.. your lie is not supported by facts..and it is sickening..

Big Rigger

He was terminated 12/18. From what I am hearing, there is no way he's brought back at a local level hearing. His best chance would be at JAC months down the road.

Knew him when I worked at that center. Always considered him very high strung and a bit racist.

He was asked repeatedly by at least one steward over the last couple of years to tone down his comments in the workplace.
If you are connected to his local BAs have them call the IBT locals 651 in KY; 100, and 20 in Ohio for info on management's racist behavior and compare what they've got on paper that shows the discipline they got. it isn't termination.

UPSER1987

job titles blur the lines of racism at this company. were the bosses in lexington, cincinnati, maumee, etc fired?? get some new material mr supervisor.. your lie is not supported by facts..and it is sickening..
I’m sorry you’re upset....but I have no idea what you are talking about.

Non sequitur

Internal customer not valued the same is the point. Not equivalent. One human worth more than another. Subjective call.
People just have to forgive and move on.

Big Rigger

I’m sorry you’re upset....but I have no idea what you are talking about.
racism and racist comments. that's what the thread is about.
and my reply to your assertion that there should be equality in discipline in this company when comparing hourly to management transgressions stands as I wrote it.
#1. it made the news in Ohio and kentucky when racist acts were allowed on property affecting a greater group of people than this household the thread is written about. L100 had an internal issue that never made the news but was worse than this ring video. The supe was not fired. call the local there in cinci and ask the ups BAs what was said to the black employee. the supe was not fired. promoted.
#2.itll be a cold day when this is handled with equity.. without several reverse discrimination lawsuits that get traction..money is what matters here not morality