dow 27000

Indecisi0n

from Oscar Wilde's play A Woman of No Importance ... Of course, this saying is coming from Illingworth, the villain of the play.

This quote is all about the good and bad of humanity, and how, as humans, we can never totally escape either. The past of the saint in the quote is implied to be a bad past, a past marked with sin. Likewise, the future of the sinner is implied to be a good future, filled with redemption.

One person cannot entirely be a saint or a sinner, at least not over the course of an entire lifetime. So maybe it's just some wishful thinking as his sinful past definitely isn't going to get any better.

In any case, you're likely to hear this one from the hard partier who wants to justify his ways. Or perhaps the questionable decision-maker who believes that the end justifies the means.
Peace be with you. I lift up my heart......for something.

bacha29

actually we're doing what other countries have done to us. we're subsiding the industries such as the farming industry until this is resolved. but yes i think at some point we have to challenge china or face a time when their trade policies affect and hurt all industries here.
the other side to that is you're ignoring that china's trade policies have already been hurting many industries here.

now then i hope you have found my answer and you will directly answer my question. what is your solution since you're so much smarter on trade then trump to fix the china cheating on trade/ and devaluing their currencty / copying and infringing on our patents issues.
I understand all that but the "trump" cards belong to China. Such as holding a trillion in US debt hold far greater rare earth mineral reserves than we have. The small amount of US rare earth minerals all have to be refined in China . Not to mention having a political structure that has a longer term shelf life than ours and is set up for " the long march". From the US perspective there has to be an end game a closure where as with China there is no such thing as a political ticking clock.

Do I feel sorry for the farm belt states? Why should I? They put him in office but the situation has a slow grinding effect on the economy and I'm not sure that your king has a clear idea as to just what he wants in terms of a deal how to get it or how to enforce it.

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
I understand all that but the "trump" cards belong to China. Such as holding a trillion in US debt hold far greater rare earth mineral reserves than we have. The small amount of US rare earth minerals all have to be refined in China . Not to mention having a political structure that has a longer term shelf life than ours and is set up for " the long march". From the US perspective there has to be an end game a closure where as with China there is no such thing as a political ticking clock.

Do I feel sorry for the farm belt states? Why should I? They put him in office but the situation has a slow grinding effect on the economy and I'm not sure that your king has a clear idea as to just what he wants in terms of a deal how to get it or how to enforce it.
we have mines for rare earth stuff

Jkloc420

Then why do we have to import so much from China and why do we have to send what we do have to China for refining? It's because their reserves are much larger and we don't have the refineries .
Because we dont want to send are people down in the mines to get it. That stuff is dangerous, let china deplete their reserves, we will be fine

Jkloc420

So you want a giant world government to enforce regulations on the market? How about we just buy the stuff that’s cheapest.
ever heard of the wto, they are suppose to enforce trade laws, however china is under a different classification. Not to mention to do business in China you basically have to give up your product rights.