dow 27000

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
830x-1.jpg

bacha29

Because we dont want to send are people down in the mines to get it. That stuff is dangerous, let china deplete their reserves, we will be fine
Current figures in terms of rare earth mineral reserves. China: Rank 1 44 million tons US Rank 7th 1.4 million tons. We imported $ 160 million in rare earth minerals last year The issue is also the type of REM and who has them.

It will be fine

ever heard of the wto, they are suppose to enforce trade laws, however china is under a different classification. Not to mention to do business in China you basically have to give up your product rights.
So don’t do business in China. You big government types are all the same.

Jkloc420

Current figures in terms of rare earth mineral reserves. China: Rank 1 44 million tons US Rank 7th 1.4 million tons. We imported $ 160 million in rare earth minerals last year The issue is also the type of REM and who has them.
the point being china is not the only country

Jkloc420

Just reaffirms my point. We only have only one REM mine in the US and it went bankrupt. China can extract their REM from a certain type of their iron ore which they control. Our extraction costs are much higher.
china loses by banning rare minerals, nothing they do will work for them, we are their biggest customer.

bacha29

china loses by banning rare minerals, nothing they do will work for them, we are their biggest customer.
Rare earth minerals is a collection of 17 different elements not just one. While other countries are trying to kick up their production they are dependent on Chinese owned and produced processing oxides and related chemicals that China could shut off in a heartbeat. So we might be able to get by without Chinese REM but if you think cars and cell phones are expensive now wait to you see what they cost if we have to depend on scarce alternative sources.

Jkloc420

Rare earth minerals is a collection of 17 different elements not just one. While other countries are trying to kick up their production they are dependent on Chinese owned and produced processing oxides and related chemicals that China could shut off in a heartbeat. So we might be able to get by without Chinese REM but if you think cars and cell phones are expensive now wait to you see what they cost if we have to depend on scarce alternative sources.
Places will build to refine it

newfie

I understand all that but the "trump" cards belong to China. Such as holding a trillion in US debt hold far greater rare earth mineral reserves than we have. The small amount of US rare earth minerals all have to be refined in China . Not to mention having a political structure that has a longer term shelf life than ours and is set up for " the long march". From the US perspective there has to be an end game a closure where as with China there is no such thing as a political ticking clock.

Do I feel sorry for the farm belt states? Why should I? They put him in office but the situation has a slow grinding effect on the economy and I'm not sure that your king has a clear idea as to just what he wants in terms of a deal how to get it or how to enforce it.

dude are you on drugs? you dodged the question again with some nonsense.

do you think the US should challenge china on their unfair trade practices
if so how