dow 27000

newfie

back away.gif
Calling it a bottom is sexy in a cute way . I have to say , you made it tingle .

backing away from that tingle

bacha29

dude are you on drugs? you dodged the question again with some nonsense.

do you think the US should challenge china on their unfair trade practices
if so how
How? that's the question I'm asking you along with the question of what is the end game and how do we get there? The American economy which you are always bragging about while strong is fragile . Moreover the Chinese government has made it quite clear that they will wait us out for as long as it takes. Not only is it part of their culture the lessons of Vietnam are fresh in their minds. Vietnamese government officials said after kicking us out that they were surprised that we quit in 1975 because they were fully prepared and equipped to go on fighting to as late as 2000. We see things in terms of a 4 year election cycle . They see things in terms of generations if not centuries .

bacha29

Places will build to refine it
You're talking about years to design and build a processing facility when the Chinese government said quote " it isn't like we didn't warn you". Those are the exact words China issued to India in 1962 just ahead of their border war and Vietnam just ahead of it war with them in 1979. So it's not like it's a warning that wasn't backed with action.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
How? that's the question I'm asking you along with the question of what is the end game and how do we get there? The American economy which you are always bragging about while strong is fragile . Moreover the Chinese government has made it quite clear that they will wait us out for as long as it takes. Not only is it part of their culture the lessons of Vietnam are fresh in their minds. Vietnamese government officials said after kicking us out that they were surprised that we quit in 1975 because they were fully prepared and equipped to go on fighting to as late as 2000. We see things in terms of a 4 year election cycle . They see things in terms of generations if not centuries .
Much like this war that the moolsums are waging.

newfie

So you think we should just give in and let china do what they want?

bacha29

So you think we should just give in and let china do what they want?
I didn't say that. What I'm saying is that if it should come down to a tariff war of attrition China has the means to lay a ton of hurt on the American economy . Perhaps more than what the American people realize or are prepared for.

vantexan

Coming from a guy who was too cheap and or too irresponsible to buy health insurance but needed the same provider rates negotiated by Obamacare supported insurance pools in order to find a way to pay his own hospital bills......LMAO.
It's a hoot seeing you fret about temporary pain to American households when your socialized medicine caused permanent, and greater, pain financially.

bacha29

It's a hoot seeing you fret about temporary pain to American households when your socialized medicine caused permanent, and greater, pain financially.
Glad to see that you are another proud American who will not be signing up for Medicare since it causes so much pain. Imagine the pain you would be feeling if you were not able to enjoy the benefit of the provider network fees negotiated by Obamacare supported insurance pools when you had to seek care . A pool you didn't pay a nickel in premiums into.

turq

They need us a lot more.

American arrogance on display. Wait till they start dumping the trillion dollars worth of treasuries they own. Wait till they restrict the selling of rare earth minerals. The Chinese people are way more equipped to deal with a free falling economy than we are. There will be no winners, we will all lose.

Last edited:

bacha29

American arrogance on display. Wait till they start dumping the trillion dollars worth of treasuries they own. Wait till they restrict the selling of rare earth minerals. The Chinese peopler way more equipped to deal with a free falling economy than we are. There will be no winners, we will all lose.
Glad you see it too. From a cultural, political and economic structure they are well positioned to endure a tariff war of attrition that could last for decades.

newfie

I didn't say that. What I'm saying is that if it should come down to a tariff war of attrition China has the means to lay a ton of hurt on the American economy . Perhaps more than what the American people realize or are prepared for.

what are you saying then. do we fight china or give in

turq

Glad you see it too. From a cultural, political and economic structure they are well positioned to endure a tariff war of attrition that could last for decades.

Exactly. They will suffer gladly for their Country. Us Americans will be outraged if we can't get a latte. Trump is even more of an idiot (wait is that possible?) if he underestimates them. Now I'm hearing more tariffs on Mexico....smh

newfie

American arrogance on display. Wait till they start dumping the trillion dollars worth of treasuries they own. Wait till they restrict the selling of rare earth minerals. The Chinese peopler way more equipped to deal with a free falling economy than we are. There will be no winners, we will all lose.

mortified.. terrified …

bacha29

what are you saying then. do we fight china or give in
So tell me . How LONG do you think we can fight a trade war with China? What was the driver behind getting out of Vietnam? We were running out of money . And running out of money is exactly the driver behind our efforts to find a way to extract ourselves from Iraq and Afghanistan .

turq

So tell me . How LONG do you think we can fight a trade war with China? What was the driver behind getting out of Vietnam? We were running out of money . And running out of money is exactly the driver behind our efforts to find a way to extract ourselves from Iraq and Afghanistan .

Trump is going to fold like a cheap suit once the election comes a calling. The real stupid thing is to think the Chinese don't know that. He's a terrible business man