dow 27000

floridays

Yes but we're talking vegan ethics. In vegan ethics we must wait for the animals to die instead of slaughtering them. There won't be enough arable land to grow enough vegetables until the animals die off. So if we meet eaters can't eat meat, and there aren't enough vegetables to go around, what happens?
Huh?

floridays

When we eat meat it is usually grass-fed. We mostly eat fish, a hell of a lot of Salmon. Some chicken and lots of vegetables. I have a niece who's been a vegetarian and a vegan, bounces back and forth. The problem is she loads up on lots of carbs, not great in my opinion.

Grass-fed cattle are usually raised without antibiotics. And when pastures are well managed, beef production is less energy-intensive, less polluting, and more humane than feedlot operations. Also, the beef has omega 3's.
That hurt just reading that, is there a larger point?
My take is you're breaking your back to be politically correct but will sneak a ribeye or NY strip when no one is watching.
Salmon, though healthy actually sucks in my opinion. I'll take grouper, red snapper, blue gill, crappie, trout or catfish anyday over salmon. I'm low class however and if I still lived in California I'd eat tacos and burritos all the time. Salmon, what a snooty high class joke.

Tony, I didn't mean to be rude, don't take it that way. I do love fish and salmon ain't one of them.:thumbup1:

vantexan

If you look at the thread, I'm pointing out if he had his way no one would eat meat. That the transition to just vegetables, grains, fruit would cause starvation because he wouldn't want the animals killed(vegan ethics), and they'd still have to eat. So not enough to go around for everyone, which he erroneously believes not so because there's plenty of land, etc. Doesn't grasp what it takes to turn out large crops.

vantexan

My take is you're breaking your back to be politically correct but will sneak a ribeye or NY strip when no one is watching.
Salmon, though healthy actually sucks in my opinion. I'll take grouper, red snapper, blue gill, crappie, trout or catfish anyday over salmon. I'm low class however and if I still lived in California I'd eat tacos and burritos all the time. Salmon, what a snooty high class joke.

Tony, I didn't mean to be rude, don't take it that way. I do love fish and salmon ain't one of them.:thumbup1:
Lived in Seattle where salmon was fresh and relatively cheap. Not your southern mom's salmon patties!

floridays

Lived in Seattle where salmon was fresh and relatively cheap. Not your southern mom's salmon patties!
You've had southern mom salmon patties I see, thanks for the heads up Amigo. Quite possibly the nastiest stuff I've eaten, I'll still defer to southern saltwater and freshwater fish. If I can ever kidnap a date I'll take her to the salmon house:thumbup1::thumbdown:thumbdown:thumbdown:lol:

It will be fine

You are congenitally incapable of admitting you're wrong. Management material.
There hasn’t been an argument presented that indicates I’m wrong. It takes more grain to feed cows to eat than you could just feed to humans. It’s basic math, the step in the process that is raising the cow is entirely waste. Rambling about how hard it is to grow grain doesn’t change that.

bacha29

There hasn’t been an argument presented that indicates I’m wrong. It takes more grain to feed cows to eat than you could just feed to humans. It’s basic math, the step in the process that is raising the cow is entirely waste. Rambling about how hard it is to grow grain doesn’t change that.
Once again the agriculture matches the climate and terrain. You can't grow sugar cane in Maine so what do they do ? They tap the maple trees. You can't grow pineapple in Peoria. Fortunately here in the US we had the ability to develop a diversified agriculture that (once again) matched the regional climate and terrain along with acquiring the ability to process and store that production.

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
have you seen a lot of wheat or soy beans grown in Florida

vantexan

But you don't want to kill the herds so we'll have to wait until they die off. Which means between what they eat, and what we eat, won't be enough to go around. Not to mention all the legitimate concerns Bacha brought up.

tonyexpress

Whac-A-Troll Patrol
Staff member

P.C.?? It's called eating healthy.

My smoked Salmon is excellent. I like Sea bass, trout, grouper, etc too. I do eat tacos and visit In-N-Out Burger as well. But overall, try and stay on a healthier bend if you know what I mean.

As they say... Moderation is the key...Now buy a clue...:halfdead::happy-very:

It will be fine

But you don't want to kill the herds so we'll have to wait until they die off. Which means between what they eat, and what we eat, won't be enough to go around. Not to mention all the legitimate concerns Bacha brought up.
You guys said cows eat grass until they are sent to feed lots where they eat grain. Humans can eat the grain. Are you guys really this dense or are you just arguing for arguing sake?

bacha29

You guys said cows eat grass until they are sent to feed lots where they eat grain. Humans can eat the grain. Are you guys really this dense or are you just arguing for arguing sake?
Another determining factor you're missing when it comes to growing grains is which parts of the country can they be grown PROFITABLY?

bacha29

Where are they grown now?
In those areas that offer rainfall, growing season, soil type, transportation primarily rail , storage and economy of scale. And you sure as hell are not going to find all that it the Boston metro area. In fact just out the road from me is a corn plant that makes high fructose corn syrup, corn oil, some ethanol and distillers grains . It takes nearly a thousand acres of corn just to run the place one shift.

newfie

Once again the agriculture matches the climate and terrain. You can't grow sugar cane in Maine so what do they do ? They tap the maple trees. You can't grow pineapple in Peoria. Fortunately here in the US we had the ability to develop a diversified agriculture that (once again) matched the regional climate and terrain along with acquiring the ability to process and store that production.

I don't know @monkeybutt seemed to indicate a rainy climate ideal for pineapple in peoria

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
P.C.?? It's called eating healthy.

My smoked Salmon is excellent. I like Sea bass, trout, grouper, etc too. I do eat tacos and visit In-N-Out Burger as well. But overall, try and stay on a healthier bend if you know what I mean.

As they say... Moderation is the key...Now buy a clue...:halfdead::happy-very:
Hey Tony ... how about moving all this BS to a new thread.
Ain't got diddily to do with Dow 27000.