Draining The Swamp

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I hope fedex does not fire that guy who stuck up for the flag

Sigh. He was interfering with free speech, so he was actually doing the opposite. Flag etiquette requires that a flag that touches the ground be burned anyway

I don't like flag burning. I do like free speech. The FedEx driver is not a hero.

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
Sigh. He was interfering with free speech, so he was actually doing the opposite. Flag etiquette requires that a flag that touches the ground be burned anyway

I don't like flag burning. I do like free speech. The FedEx driver is not a hero.
Actually the people who burned it violated an open burn ordinance. second they put the flag on the ground.

wkmac

Trump is by no means "draining the swamp" BUT he is riding the same wave that is the longstanding political tradition of ultimately "sinking the ship" so looking at this from a long view, he is doing some good after all!

:winks:

BTW: Burning flags is mostly a silly waste of matches just as freaking out about people who burn flags is a silly waste of emotional energy. Flags are pieces of cloth that serve the same purpose that gang colors serve.

upsgrunt

Could what the FedEx driver did be considered freedom of speech as well? The flag burners expressed theirs by what they did, and he expressed his in the opposite way.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
I didn't say anything, all I said was I hope tge FedEx guy keeps his job. that's all I care about.
I hope he does too. I also hope the people the FedEx driver assaulted sue and get a big payout. Fedex basically just told all their employees that being a vigilante is acceptable.

rod

Retired 23 years

who told you that BS?

P

pickup

Read up on it. I was taught this in elementary school. If the flag touched the ground, we destroyed it and replaced it. Sacred.

Why would you destroy the ground ? And Sacred? Was this elementary school on church property?

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Are you required to destroy the flag if it touches the ground?
The Flag Code states that the flag should not touch anything beneath it, including the ground. This is stated to indicate that care should be exercised in the handling of the flag, to protect it from becoming soiled or damaged. You are not required to destroy the flag when this happens. As long as the flag remains suitable for display, even if washing or dry-cleaning is required, you may continue to display the flag as a symbol of our great country.

source