Draining The Swamp

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Yes. That we all pay for. This is what happens when there are no regulations and industry "does the right thing". It's all about making money and letting the public clean up after you.
The incident in Flint was caused by the local gov't .
Who decades ago installed those pipes with lead in them ?
Who paid for it then ?
Why didn't they remove those bad pipes ?

When a single person decided to save some money, by switching water supplies and that corrosion caused the lead to infest the water, was working for the local gov't . Not some industry .

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Wrong. Private industry made their profits and then ran away. Our government let them. The EPA did not plan a release.It was an accidental issue. Your denials speak volumes on your ignorance.
It was no accident .
The plan was to open up the closed mine to keep themselves working .
They failed to do basic tests which would have told them it was dangerous to play there .
And then they downed played the dangers of being in and of drinking the waters.
They are guilty of neglect and should be in jail .

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
It was no accident .
The plan was to open up the closed mine to keep themselves working .
They failed to do basic tests which would have told them it was dangerous to play there .
And then they downed played the dangers of being in and of drinking the waters.
They are guilty of neglect and should be in jail .

NO. Where do you get your "facts"? My point is that private industry failed to do the right thing, as in they were not regulated. Now, years after the mine is closed and GM has left town, the EPA is tasked with "fixing it".

Cleaning-up the mess isn't as easy as making it. I have an idea. Let's send the bill to the companies that caused the problem in the first place.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
The incident in Flint was caused by the local gov't .
Who decades ago installed those pipes with lead in them ?
Who paid for it then ?
Why didn't they remove those bad pipes ?

When a single person decided to save some money, by switching water supplies and that corrosion caused the lead to infest the water, was working for the local gov't . Not some industry .

The GOP governor was behind switching water supplies.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
NO. Where do you get your "facts"? My point is that private industry failed to do the right thing, as in they were not regulated. Now, years after the mine is closed and GM has left town, the EPA is tasked with "fixing it".

Cleaning-up the mess isn't as easy as making it. I have an idea. Let's send the bill to the companies that caused the problem in the first place.
In case you missed it , when GM filed for bankruptcy and Obama changed the laws to suit his agenda , the old GM disappeared .
It got to the point where the new GM wasn't honoring any warranties issued by the old GM .
So who do you wish to send a bill to ?
Obama ?

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
In case you missed it , when GM filed for bankruptcy and Obama changed the laws to suit his agenda , the old GM disappeared .
It got to the point where the new GM wasn't honoring any warranties issued by the old GM .
So who do you wish to send a bill to ?
Obama ?

Oh, so now it's Obama's fault. GM left Michigan in the 80s, do send it to the Reagan family.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Trump Orders ALL Of Obama’s Diplomats Home On Day 1

The Department of State sent a cable to all diplomats nationwide advising them of the break from tradition Dec. 23. Past administrations allowed diplomats an extension until a replacement could be found and moved to each post, according to the report.

Trump made it clear he doesn’t want any political appointee of the outgoing president to serve during his administration, a decision Trump staffers insist is not “ill will.” The new administration just wants to make sure that appointments made as a result of political donations end “on schedule.”

Babagounj

Strength through joy
EPA Says Rivers It Polluted Are Clean — Because All The Toxic Metals Have Flown Into Lake Powell

Good news: high concentrations of toxic metals from a mine blowout caused by the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) are no longer detectable in the Animas and San Juan rivers, according to an agency report.

The bad news is, fall storms and spring snow-melt likely drove 1,115,539 pounds of toxic metals from those rivers to Lake Powell — a vacation spot for millions of people and water source for drinking and agriculture.

Fate & Transport Analysis | Emergency Response to August 2015 Release from Gold King Mine | US EPA

The report is a scientific analysis that focuses on understanding the river conditions before the GKM release; the movement of the GKM release through the river system; and what has happened to water quality in the river since the time of the GKM release.

The research supports EPA’s earlier statements that water quality in the affected river system returned to the levels that existed prior to the GKM release and contamination of metals from the release have been moved through the river system to Lake Powell.

The GKM release included aluminum, iron, manganese, lead, copper, arsenic, zinc, cadmium, and a small amount of mercury.

Sportello

EPA Says Rivers It Polluted Are Clean — Because All The Toxic Metals Have Flown Into Lake Powell

Good news: high concentrations of toxic metals from a mine blowout caused by the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) are no longer detectable in the Animas and San Juan rivers, according to an agency report.

The bad news is, fall storms and spring snow-melt likely drove 1,115,539 pounds of toxic metals from those rivers to Lake Powell — a vacation spot for millions of people and water source for drinking and agriculture.

Fate & Transport Analysis | Emergency Response to August 2015 Release from Gold King Mine | US EPA

The report is a scientific analysis that focuses on understanding the river conditions before the GKM release; the movement of the GKM release through the river system; and what has happened to water quality in the river since the time of the GKM release.

The research supports EPA’s earlier statements that water quality in the affected river system returned to the levels that existed prior to the GKM release and contamination of metals from the release have been moved through the river system to Lake Powell.

The GKM release included aluminum, iron, manganese, lead, copper, arsenic, zinc, cadmium, and a small amount of mercury.
I hope to hell Trump does something about this.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I hope to hell Trump does something about this.

Trump will have the mine re-opened and the company will be able to dump pollutants directly into the river, as God intended because we have a self-regulating Earth, and science is of the Devil. Every miner will make at least $30 per hour. The same in Flint, because GM is coming back!! All of those assembly plants in Mexico and China are coming down, baby!! Trump will force GM to make all of those cars here in the good old US, except they will cost twice as much and nobody will buy them.

Trump will make America great again!! God is on Trump's side and He will assist Donald with American Exceptionalism and ensuring that all of those huge tax breaks for the rich will trickle-down into our pockets.

Eliminate the EPA and ALL government agencies so the free flow of prosperity can begin.

Sportello

Trump will make America great again!! God is on Trump's side and He will assist Donald with American Exceptionalism and ensuring that all of those huge tax breaks for the rich will trickle-down into our pockets.

Eliminate the EPA and ALL government agencies so the free flow of prosperity can begin.

Finally, you are starting to get it.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Elizabeth Warren Fails to Disclose $1.3 Million Line of Credit

Washington Free Beacon reports:
Warren argued that financial disclosures are needed to ‘reveal potentially damaging information that may undermine fitness to serve’ and that nominees with ‘complex financial histories’ need to be ‘forthcoming and transparent.’ Warren, meanwhile, continues to skirt congressional ethics laws by failing to include a $1.3 million line of credit against her Cambridge, Massachusetts, home on financial disclosure forms.

“Another example of this shady lady in action — she claims to fight for the downtrodden, but checks the box to claim minority status, takes zero-interest loans from Harvard to buy her mansion, says in 2012 that she doesn’t own stocks, only mutual funds, claims to be the ‘intellectual mother’ of the Occupy movement until it turns into a PR disaster — is anyone suprised by this latest?” says Boston talk radio king Howie Carr.