Earnings report

Stat41

Our workgroup was warned by management not to say anything negative about the company (with an emphasis on pay) to our incoming new hires in order to keep them around longer. We were also told the new hires would be assigned mentors to help them along with their training. I have a feeling the new hires will continue to get an earful from their 10+ year mentors who are on Step 3.
Wow. Managers telling employees not to express their honest opinions to the new-hires. We are adults. We do not need to be told what we can or can not speak. Just one more thing to warn the new-hires about. Some managers are just so unbelievably, incredibly, tone-deaf.

Last edited:

zeev

I am a "mentor." I try my best to train the new hires on how to do the best job they can for themselves, the customers, and their co-workers. I do not hide the facts as I see it, but instead treat them like adults, not like children who are told what to think or speak.
Lying is managements job.

!Retired!

Nobody has touched my pension. But assuming it’s here to stay is dumb. The traditional was haulted, and the track record this company has doesn’t really suggest the portable is here to stay.
First....wtf is haulted
Second.....pensions are already gone.....for new hires (see the link below). They DO get a bigger 401K match.....for now. Current employees still have money contributed to the portable pension, unless you chose to freeze it in lieu of bigger 401K match
Where did you hear that? Or is that just another prediction from the doom and gloom crowd?
Where have you been? Current employees were given a choice 2 years ago
1. Stay with the current 401K match and portable pension
2. Freeze your pension and get a bigger 401K match
Here's an article from 2019. You can also ask any new hire if they get a pension

El Morado Diablo

Wow. Managers telling employees not to express their honest opinions to the new-hires. We are adults. We do not need to be told what we can or can not speak. Just one more thing to warn the new-hires about. Some managers are just so unbelievably, incredibly, tone-deaf.

Our turnover is high and our SFA score was below average so I'm sure there is a lot of pressure on our management team to turn things around.

falcon back

First....wtf is haulted
Second.....pensions are already gone.....for new hires (see the link below). They DO get a bigger 401K match.....for now. Current employees still have money contributed to the portable pension, unless you chose to freeze it in lieu of bigger 401K match

Where have you been? Current employees were given a choice 2 years ago
1. Stay with the current 401K match and portable pension
2. Freeze your pension and get a bigger 401K match
Here's an article from 2019. You can also ask any new hire if they get a pension
Tupac said Portables will be gone. No they aren't. Where have you been. You have a choice. TTKU

El Morado Diablo

SFA doesn't mean anything anymore. It's there to make the rubes think the company is listening to hourlies concerns.

Last year they told people not to take the test if they weren't going to give good scores. About 60% of the workgroup took the survey and they got a great score. Upper management was happy although the workgroup told them we were encouraged not to take it if we weren't going to give good scores. They didn't seem to care.

This year over 75% of the workgroup took the survey and the score dropped 20 pts. Upper management is "disappointed" and "can't understand" why the score was so low. The workgroup told them this is the score they probably would have earned last year if they hadn't been encouraged not to take it to keep the score inflated. The Sr Mgr is trying to tell the workgroup how the survey's vague questions are meant to be taken and answered. These are the same yahoos that previously said the new survey wasn't a reflection on your manager(s). Now, after a poor survey score they are saying it's all on your manager(s).

Just goes to show you how the SFA means more to management than it does the hourlies.

floridays

You are correct and I am proud of it. Whatever it takes to get ahead and not break the law is fine with me, You claim to be retired and yet you despise the company that you retired from, and you try to be a financial wiz but everyone knows you don't know your ass from a hole in the ground.
Quit looking at his ass.

Nolimitz

Last year they told people not to take the test if they weren't going to give good scores. About 60% of the workgroup took the survey and they got a great score. Upper management was happy although the workgroup told them we were encouraged not to take it if we weren't going to give good scores. They didn't seem to care.

This year over 75% of the workgroup took the survey and the score dropped 20 pts. Upper management is "disappointed" and "can't understand" why the score was so low. The workgroup told them this is the score they probably would have earned last year if they hadn't been encouraged not to take it to keep the score inflated. The Sr Mgr is trying to tell the workgroup how the survey's vague questions are meant to be taken and answered. These are the same yahoos that previously said the new survey wasn't a reflection on your manager(s). Now, after a poor survey score they are saying it's all on your manager(s).

Just goes to show you how the SFA means more to management than it does the hourlies.
in my 11 yrs SFA has been and will continue to be a joke

falcon back

Seems like I was always told the number of people that DIDN'T take the survey negatively affected the score. Might have changed over the years.

floridays

I asked a question long ago to @falcon back, no one caught on where I was leading.
I asked him what his portable pension was worth. It's here, it's on these pages.
The guy has in excess of 100,000 in portable, beyond maxing out on the defined benefit plan.
No wonder the guy is a Hoover.

@Fred's Myth , can I get some help explaining to the mentally challenged, or uniformed?

Lates

They're offering as much as $20 an hour for PT handler jobs. People are making that much (and more) via COVID unemployment programs. It's hard to compete with free money.
Where is this happening maybe last year but even now in TN the max benefit is 275 a week plus the 300. Then you need to pay for your own insurance or have none since over 500 a week would keep you from getting insurance through the state for free. The people being bums on unemployment are over blown. It is the job many easier jobs are paying more that’s why they have trouble finding people. I like the job is why I do it. But I can see why others wouldn’t.