Earnings report

falcon back

I asked a question long ago to @falcon back, no one caught on where I was leading.
I asked him what his portable pension was worth. It's here, it's on these pages.
The guy has in excess of 100,000 in portable, beyond maxing out on the defined benefit plan.
No wonder the guy is a Hoover.

@Fred's Myth , can I get some help explaining to the mentally challenged, or uniformed?
And haven't touched any of it. I make more in retirement than you make working. Life is good.

Last edited:

falcon back

Got a box of cash that says they will be phased out. Wanna take that bet Bozo?
Only an idiot would bet on something they have no interest in or no control over. We all know you are an idiot. You work at a job you hate and yet, you keep scanning that time card every day. What a loser you are.

floridays

And haven't touched any of it. Life is good.
And you bust anyone's nutz that has a bad word to say about the company.

You got all they promised, plus an extra 100,00 plus in retirement and you call a guy/gal bitchin about not even topping out in 20 years a whiner.
screw.jpg
you.

floridays

Only an idiot would bet on something they have no interest in or no control over. We all know you are an idiot. You work at a job you hate and yet, you keep scanning that time card every day. What a loser you are.
You assume too much, once again.
Have you ever bet on a ballgame, or anything you had no control over?
If yes, you, in your own words described yourself.

falcon back

You assume too much, once again.
Have you ever bet on a ballgame, or anything you had no control over?
If yes, you, in your own words described yourself.
Not a betting man. That's what allowed me to retire making more money that you do working the job you hate. Man, it must suck scanning in every day to a job you hate. Ouch

floridays

Not a betting man. That's what allowed me to retire making more money that you do working the job you hate. Man, it must suck scanning in every day to a job you hate. Ouch
You assume again.
I've never bitched about what I do, in this forum.
Once again, use the search feature.

I did note the difference between you and the afterlings in compensation and pension benefits.

It's no wonder they are pissed.

Aquaman

The problem is turnover and retention, not hiring. Which has become a permanent problem that needs a permanent solution.
Bingo. The company clearly thinks this is temporary. Mostly management. It’s not. Morale at this company is dead. And Amazon keeps growing and becoming the better paying, more flexible warehouse work. Give it a few years, there won’t be a FedEx station in this country without a Amazon warehouse down the road.

Aquaman

They are putting a 3rd local warehouse on the lot next to our new station
I know in my area Amazon pays $3 to $4 an hour more than us for handler work. They have more shifts available to work. And like us, it’s a dead end. The best retention plan a company can have is great paying jobs to move up to. UPS has handlers waiting for driving jobs. Driving for FedEx has become the equivalent to flipping burgers.

amazondriverdude

Bingo. The company clearly thinks this is temporary. Mostly management. It’s not. Morale at this company is dead. And Amazon keeps growing and becoming the better paying, more flexible warehouse work. Give it a few years, there won’t be a FedEx station in this country without a Amazon warehouse down the road.
I drove 2 years for an Amazon DSP and now I'm about to start as a driver for Express. Morale at Amazon is horrible, even with the pay raise. Express doesn't seem much better because the station I'll be working at seems to have 5-10 driver positions open on a weekly basis.

Aquaman

I drove 2 years for an Amazon DSP and now I'm about to start as a driver for Express. Morale at Amazon is horrible, even with the pay raise. Express doesn't seem much better because the station I'll be working at seems to have 5-10 driver positions open on a weekly basis.
The theme you’ll quickly recognize at Express is there’s next to no transparency on the direction of the company. Group meetings with managers will be few & far between. And you’ll be sold on a pay plan that has 10 steps with top pay looking pretty good. Reality is we rarely get those steps. So if you’re cool with .40 cent raises you’ll enjoy the job. E-commerce is exploding, but unlike Amazon we don’t really want any of it. Express absolutely hates delivering a single product to a single house. It’s not as productive as a business getting 9 boxes, right next door to another business getting 6. So FedEx Ground is quickly becoming our residential e-commerce branch. And express will keep shifting more and more towards business to business time sensitive. Our peak used to be an entire month. It’s now reserved for the one week before Christmas when Ground is too backed up to make deliveries and people have to overnight gifts. The company has changed a lot. This is no longer the long term option it used to be. And if you do decide to stay long term, you’re gonna see this operation shrink quite a bit. It’s still a better place to drive than Amazon though.

falcon back

The theme you’ll quickly recognize at Express is there’s next to no transparency on the direction of the company. Group meetings with managers will be few & far between. And you’ll be sold on a pay plan that has 10 steps with top pay looking pretty good. Reality is we rarely get those steps. So if you’re cool with .40 cent raises you’ll enjoy the job. E-commerce is exploding, but unlike Amazon we don’t really want any of it. Express absolutely hates delivering a single product to a single house. It’s not as productive as a business getting 9 boxes, right next door to another business getting 6. So FedEx Ground is quickly becoming our residential e-commerce branch. And express will keep shifting more and more towards business to business time sensitive. Our peak used to be an entire month. It’s now reserved for the one week before Christmas when Ground is too backed up to make deliveries and people have to overnight gifts. The company has changed a lot. This is no longer the long term option it used to be. And if you do decide to stay long term, you’re gonna see this operation shrink quite a bit. It’s still a better place to drive than Amazon though.
Where do you work? Hearing from people I used to work with and from reading on here, volume is at an all time high and continues to grow? Peak started several years ago and hasn't stopped. Your station doesn't have any freight? You must be the only station that has that problem?

bacha29

"Making more money than you"..... yeah..... Thanks to your wife and her scratch off lottery tickets.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
I asked a question long ago to @falcon back, no one caught on where I was leading.
I asked him what his portable pension was worth. It's here, it's on these pages.
The guy has in excess of 100,000 in portable, beyond maxing out on the defined benefit plan.
No wonder the guy is a Hoover.

@Fred's Myth , can I get some help explaining to the mentally challenged, or uniformed?
I can affirm that FalconCrap’s portable pension exceeded $100K, because mine did with fewer years. Besides maxxing out the traditional, his SS would be calculated much higher based on earnings, and if he were smart (questionable) his 401K would be sizable.

All a result of hiring on at the ideal time. Luck, not smarts, got him there.

falcon back

"Making more money than you"..... yeah..... Thanks to your wife and her scratch off lottery tickets.
That little bit only paid for cobra and retirement medical insurance for a couple of years. 401k is keeping me living the good life until I decide to start my pension. It kills you that you struggle in retirement while I make more in retirement than most on here working. Life is good.

falcon back

I can affirm that FalconCrap’s portable pension exceeded $100K, because mine did with fewer years. Besides maxxing out the traditional, his SS would be calculated much higher based on earnings, and if he were smart (questionable) his 401K would be sizable.

All a result of hiring on at the ideal time. Luck, not smarts, got him there.
Most everyone that got in the Portable from day 1 has a 6 figure balance. My Traditional is maxed out and growing by 10% a year until I start drawing. Waiting as long as I can on SS to take advantage of the 8% yearly growth. Being in the 401k since the early 80's, it wasn't hard to have a sizable balance. With the choices that Vanguard offered, it would be extremely hard to not have exceptional returns on your 401k. No matter how much money I have, my golf game continues to suck. If it weren't for being able to drink beer and ride around in a golf cart, I would have quit the game years ago. If there is water or sand on the course, I will find it.

amazondriverdude

Yeah, I mean, besides UPS and the post office, I don't see any of these delivery companies being a job you can take care of a family with. I have a friend who drives a semi for food service. From what I hear from him you only make a good living if you live in the truck and never see your family. I have no kids or wife so I'm pretty flexible, but if I can get 45 hours at Express that would be good enough. Trust me, I have no expectations of raises. I doubt Amazon would have given a raise if Covid didn't come along. The days of a strong and healthy middle class are gone.

Aquaman

Where do you work? Hearing from people I used to work with and from reading on here, volume is at an all time high and continues to grow? Peak started several years ago and hasn't stopped. Your station doesn't have any freight? You must be the only station that has that problem?
Never said anything about volume. I said the operation is going to shrink over the long game. Ground will get bigger due to e-commerce exploding and Express not wanting to pay its drivers to deliver a jar of peanut butter to a house. We’re drowning in freight. And over time more and more of it will move to ground.