Earnings report

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
I make Express sexy. I mean, have you seen me? I’d do me.
381429FB-D913-4C64-9B82-48B3468AFCA8.gif

Lol.

NC man

Read article yesterday about the Amazon drivers that sign up via an app on days they want to work few hours. Ex Army guy did it as side gig but the app determined he wasn’t doing well enough on couple days and he was “fired” . The app doesn’t factor in traffic and possible other delays. He was not fired by a person by msg from Amazon. You can fight it but costs 200 bucks to do so,lol. Once fired you are blocked from the app. Fed is gonna have issues down the road keeping new hires and Amazon will too.

Aquaman

Read article yesterday about the Amazon drivers that sign up via an app on days they want to work few hours. Ex Army guy did it as side gig but the app determined he wasn’t doing well enough on couple days and he was “fired” . The app doesn’t factor in traffic and possible other delays. He was not fired by a person by msg from Amazon. You can fight it but costs 200 bucks to do so,lol. Once fired you are blocked from the app. Fed is gonna have issues down the road keeping new hires and Amazon will too.
The problem with express is they can not resist the temptation to cheap out on every single benefit they offer. The biggest draw to their handler position was full Anthem BCBS health benefits. Well now we have undoubtably worse United Healthcare. Add in the fact that there isn’t a driver on the payroll that recommends the job anymore. And boom, you’ve got a place that has not one single competitive draw.

Aquaman

yep, a 401k and thats it aside from health ins that gets worse every year
And how many package handlers care about a 401K? Nobody making $14/hr is thinking about retirement. I pay over $500 a month for health insurance for my family at express.. and United will fight you on every. single. claim.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
I seriously doubt it’s “great”... but all things being equally horrible, you’re gonna work at the option with better pay that lets you pick your hours.
But they aren't equally horrible. They're more horrible at Amazon, which is why they turnover their workforce so often.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
And how many package handlers care about a 401K? Nobody making $14/hr is thinking about retirement. I pay over $500 a month for health insurance for my family at express.. and United will fight you on every. single. claim.
Why aren't you on your spouse's insurance instead? I am.

Aquaman

Why aren't you on your spouse's insurance instead? I am.
My wife works at a hospital. Her health insurance is restricted to that hospital network for everything. Not uncommon. They’re not going to pay insurance claims to competing hospitals. So I keep myself and my daughters on FedEx insurance to keep more in-network options open for them.

falcon back

My wife works at a hospital. Her health insurance is restricted to that hospital network for everything. Not uncommon. They’re not going to pay insurance claims to competing hospitals. So I keep myself and my daughters on FedEx insurance to keep more in-network options open for them.
I had family coverage plus the spouse surcharge when I left and my insurance wasn't $500 a month. How is employee and children over $500 a month? Has it gone up that much in a few years? Don't tell me you are one of those paying the 80% plan. Do the math and you will see that is costing you more money than it's worth.

Lates

I had family coverage plus the spouse surcharge when I left and my insurance wasn't $500 a month. How is employee and children over $500 a month? Has it gone up that much in a few years? Don't tell me you are one of those paying the 80% plan. Do the math and you will see that is costing you more money than it's worth.
Yes it is that much even for just a spouse or just kids you are charged for the family option. But that is the highest option. Spouse surcharge would be another 150 I think.

falcon back

Yes it is that much even for just a spouse or just kids you are charged for the family option. But that is the highest option. Spouse surcharge would be another 150 I think.
Employee and spouse requires family coverage. Employee and children does not. I have the same option on the Retiree plan. Family on the 70% plan was about $350 a month WITH the spouse surcharge before I left.

Aquaman

Employee and spouse requires family coverage. Employee and children does not. I have the same option on the Retiree plan. Family on the 70% plan was about $350 a month WITH the spouse surcharge before I left.
Anybody not taking the best health care from their work is an idiot. You choose the best plan. Every time. Even the 80 broad isn’t very good.

falcon back

Anybody not taking the best health care from their work is an idiot. You choose the best plan. Every time. Even the 80 broad isn’t very good.
Do the math and you will realize the 70 plan is basically the same plan as the 80 with much cheaper premiums. The 80 cost over $230 a month more in premiums. Over $2700 a year. The max out of pocket difference and the total deductible differences are not $2700 a year.

falcon back

some spouses could have insurance like ours, which incur a penalty if the other half doesn't use their own insurance.
If you believe everything you read on here, FDX has the worst insurance in the country and are the only company that has the spouse surcharge. You mean others have that as well.