Election 2016

oldngray

nowhere special
I think he understands exactly you're just missing the point.
Trump is the one who used this poll to try and say he's doing well with latinos.
Sounds like we all agree the poll was useless, so why did Trump use it as "proof" of how much Latinos like him?

No we don't agree the poll is useless. You are merely claiming it is because you don't agree with it. I am not a Trump fan so don't try to claim I am a supporter of him either. I don't know the details of the methodology or the margin of error of that poll but that would be the only points I would address. I would not discount it just because I don't like Trump. As you are attempting to do.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
No we don't agree the poll is useless. You are merely claiming it is because you don't agree with it. I am not a Trump fan so don't try to claim I am a supporter of him either. I don't know the details of the methodology or the margin of error of that poll but that would be the only points I would address. I would not discount it just because I don't like Trump. As you are attempting to do.
I'm not attempting to do anything, I like Trump for the same reason I like Sanders, their parties hate them.

Here's the deal though. Trump repeatedly used the poll to say that Latinos love him and he's doing well with Latinos. That's not what it showed at all, and every polling of latino voters shows he will be a disaster for the Republican party when it comes to getting the latino vote, which they will need to win in the general election. Most people who vote in primaries want a candidate who can beat the other party, and his vague, deceptive, use of this poll is fooling a lot of people.

oldngray

nowhere special
I'm not attempting to do anything, I like Trump for the same reason I like Sanders, their parties hate them.

Here's the deal though. Trump repeatedly used the poll to say that Latinos love him and he's doing well with Latinos. That's not what it showed at all, and every polling of latino voters shows he will be a disaster for the Republican party when it comes to getting the latino vote, which they will need to win. Most people who vote in primaries want a candidate who can beat the other party, and his vague, deceptive, use of this poll is fooling a lot of people.

Um.. no. Not every polling of latino voters shows that. The one we are discussing for example. As to their motivations that would be pure speculation at this point.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Um.. no. Not every polling of latino voters shows that. The one we are discussing for example. As to their motivations that would be pure speculation at this point.
You're still not getting it. He's using this poll to try and say he will do well with latinos in the general election.

The poll we're discussing showed he won the majority of all republican primary voters, which included the small number of latino ones. Using that to say he's doing well with Latinos is deceptive, as every poll shows he's doing terrible with them. Most analyst are saying Republicans will need 40% of latino voters to win. Trump can't win half that without going back on everything he's promising primary voters.

oldngray

nowhere special
You're still not getting it. He's using this poll to try and say he will do well with latinos in the general election.

The poll we're discussing showed he won the majority of all republican primary voters, which included the latino ones.
Using that to say he's doing well with Latinos is deceptive, as every poll shows he's doing terrible with them. Most analyst are saying Republicans will need 40% of latino voters to win. Trump can't win half that without going back on everything he's promising primary voters.

You aren't getting it. Not every poll shows he is doing terribly with latinos. As for what will happen in the general election nobody knows yet.

And of course Trump will jump on the polls that are more favorable towards him. As does every other politician also. It's what they do.

oldngray

nowhere special
Show me a poll that says Trump is doing well with Latinos as a whole.

I have seen very few overall polls. Too soon for them to be very accurate. The polling is almost exclusively about the primaries for now. About all I have seen are predictions from so called pundits which are mostly just wild guesses. And usually very biased either for or against particular candidates.

BrownArmy

I have seen very few overall polls. Too soon for them to be very accurate. The polling is almost exclusively about the primaries for now. About all I have seen are predictions from so called pundits which are mostly just wild guesses. And usually very biased either for or against particular candidates.

Kind of negates your argument, eh?

oldngray

nowhere special
Rubio needs to drop out ASAP or I guess Cruz also if either one of them are to stand a chance of taking down Trump.

Their only hope now is a brokered convention where they combine their supporters. Probably as a combined ticket with the two of them. The big fight would be about who was number one.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Rubio needs to drop out ASAP or I guess Cruz also if either one of them are to stand a chance of taking down Trump.
Lots of Rubio supporters don't like Cruz, and vice versa. Both of them would lose too many voters to Trump if one dropped out now.

Their best bet is hoping Trump can't get to 1237, then convince Rubio's delegates to vote for Cruz in the second round at the convention. A unified Cruz-Rubio ticket could probably accomplish that.

Honestly, that'd be the best case scenario for a ticket against Hillary. Trump doesn't stand a chance against her.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Lots of Rubio supporters don't like Cruz, and vice versa. Both of them would lose too many voters to Trump if one dropped out now.

Their best bet is hoping Trump can't get to 1237, then convince Rubio's delegates to vote for Cruz in the second round at the convention. A unified Cruz-Rubio ticket could probably accomplish that.

Honestly, that'd be the best case scenario for a ticket against Hillary. Trump doesn't stand a chance against her.
Trump supposedly didn't stand a chance to win the nomination either...

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I'm just gonna shut up and let the neocons shoot themselves in the foot.
I'm just saying an election is a long ways a way and with all of Hillary's problems anyone stands a punchers chance against her.

I could totally see a lot of people in the middle just being disgusted and not voting.