Election 2016

oldngray

nowhere special
I'm just saying an election is a long ways a way and with all of Hillary's problems anyone stands a punchers chance against her.

I could totally see a lot of people in the middle just being disgusted and not voting.

Those disgusted people are where Trump is getting his votes. The party establishment on both the left and the right hate Trump. He is also closer to a traditional Democrat than either Hillary or Bernie so would draw away many of their potential voters in a general election.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
I'm just saying an election is a long ways a way and with all of Hillary's problems anyone stands a punchers chance against her.

I could totally see a lot of people in the middle just being disgusted and not voting.
Possibly. The real funny thing on the Democrat side is that Sanders polls far better against the three remaining Republican candidates than Clinton does. The establishment on both sides of the aisle seems to be completely out of the loop.

What a :censored2: show this election cycle has been, and I have no doubt it will continue that way right up until election day.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Those disgusted people are where Trump is getting his votes. The party establishment on both the left and the right hate Trump. He is also closer to a traditional Democrat than either Hillary or Bernie so would draw away many of their potential voters in a general election.
True.
I'd say in reality both Trump and Hillary blur the lines between Republican and Democrat. However, what they pretend to believe in for the sake of primary voters, at this point, are very different things. If Trump wins the nomination it will be interesting hearing his tune change for the general election.

oldngray

nowhere special
True.
I'd say in reality both Trump and Hillary blur the lines between Republican and Democrat. However, what they pretend to believe in for the sake of primary voters, at this point, are very different things. If Trump wins the nomination it will be interesting watching his tune change.

A big problem with Trump is nobody really knows where he stands on issues. He makes so many boisterous comments and constantly alters what he says. Just like a politician instead of a businessman.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
A big problem with Trump is nobody really knows where he stands on issues. He makes so many boisterous comments and constantly alters what he says. Just like a politician instead of a businessman.
Most politicians have to show something that resembles an actual plan. Before people will vote for them.

Just shows how dumb the general public is.

oldngray

nowhere special
Most politicians have to show something that resembles an actual plan. Before people will vote for them.

The majority of voters are definitely dumbed down. Politicians don't need a plan. All they need to do is promise people what they want to hear whether or not it makes sense.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
The majority of voters are definitely dumbed down. Politicians don't need a plan. All they need to do is promise people what they want to hear whether or not it makes sense.
I watch these debates and I'm like I could pick trump apart on the issues and I'm just a dumb truck driver.

moreluck

golden ticket member

Trump's success in building a business is "plan" enough for me. He's already shown plenty of planning and carrying out plans.

moreluck

golden ticket member
175780_600.jpg