Elections

bbsam

Staff member
LOL. Speaking of David Cassidy, had the boys singing an old Partridge Family song this morning.

"I woke up in love this mornin'.
I woke up in love this mornin'.
Went to sleep with you on my mind."

Needless to say, my wife thanked me for introducing them to such fine, catchy tunes.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

LOL. Speaking of David Cassidy, had the boys singing an old Partridge Family song this morning.

"I woke up in love this mornin'.
I woke up in love this mornin'.
Went to sleep with you on my mind."

Needless to say, my wife thanked me for introducing them to such fine, catchy tunes.

The sad part was that he wrote the song for his TV mom, Shirley Jones.

moreluck

golden ticket member
LocheD20101117_low.jpg

rod

Retired 23 years
Ok --- the elections are over. If someone actually sees anything positive geared toward the average working stiff that these new politicians come up with please post it on here. (I'm not talking just making promises).

moreluck

golden ticket member
His approval rating jumped 6 or 7 points just since he spoke at the Tucson 'rally'.....he did nothing. That 'bump' that he got will go down quickly as employment still sits at 9% and the deficit is at $14 trillion and jobs are not created. He has to actually do something.....oh wait, he did win that Nobel Prize......and he did sooooo much to deserve that too.

klein

Für Meno :)
*smile* you crack me up More !

$14 trillion and counting.
I watched the show "Your $$$$$" on the weekend.
I think it was by 2030, just medicare, medicaid, SS, and interest on national debt will swallow 92% of all of the budget !
A little lousy 8% will remain for eveything else, including defense.

I just wonder who will make those hard decisions before then, so it doesn't get that far !

Don't forget, can't touch those tax breaks for the rich ! They need every bit of money !

Babagounj

Strength through joy
If barry at tonight's SOTU show tries to claim that he has moved to the center, I will not believe him.
Unless he stops his lawsuit against AZ, fires all of his czars, and decreases the staff of the First lady down to 2.

bbsam

Staff member
His approval rating jumped 6 or 7 points just since he spoke at the Tucson 'rally'.....he did nothing. That 'bump' that he got will go down quickly as employment still sits at 9% and the deficit is at $14 trillion and jobs are not created. He has to actually do something.....oh wait, he did win that Nobel Prize......and he did sooooo much to deserve that too.

All he has to do is wait for the Republicans to nominate Sarah Palin.

bbsam

Staff member
"Then show me the free and I'll show you the mad, for the only true freedom lies in the mind of the completely self absorbed."
Ok. That's not really a quote. I made it up. But the old addage that "Freedom requires responsibility" truly means that one chooses a higher code or ethics by which he governs his own self will.

moreluck

golden ticket member
"Then show me the free and I'll show you the mad, for the only true freedom lies in the mind of the completely self absorbed."
Ok. That's not really a quote. I made it up. But the old addage that "Freedom requires responsibility" truly means that one chooses a higher code or ethics by which he governs his own self will.
Explain that in terms of Charlie Rangel.